RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

On 3/1/2019 at 9:42 AM, filthyrich said:

Really glad none of you are posting about Robyn - Body Talk because that's the one release I absolutely NEED. Time to remove it (and all those $300+ copies) from the ol' Discogs wantlist!!

Same! But it stresses me out that it's an RSD exclusive release, limited to such a small amount considering the heavily established demand! There are fewer copies being pressed of this (untouchable classic, a $300 record all day) than of the RSD-First reissue of Mickey Mouse Disco (a worthless bullshit dollar bin filler, NM copies for $2.99 on Discogs)!

What I want to know is, who wants to grab me a copy of that Bingo Handjob LP and Green Day Woodstock LP? If your shop is getting copies and you think you can snag one for me, hit me up! If cost + shipping works, I'll add on a nice tip! Ask anyone who bought me records last year (can't remember if that Dischord started here or on Vinyl Me Please but I way overpaid happily for a bunch of non-rare stuff lol).

Edited by swb

continuing my investigation into the used release for this years rsd… I tried emailing the official rsd site but it got returned to me saying it was rejected because a bot thought it was spam, so that is strange.  the page updated with adding info but it still says 10 inch.  so the official usa site for rsd says 10 inch while all others official rsd sites for other countries say 12 inch.  the used announced it as a 12 inch on all their social medias.  and of the 3rd party websites that list it, half say 10 and the other half say 12 and a couple kind of say both.  so this has got to go down as the strangest rsd release conumdrum with all this going on around it with what size it is.  this is crazy stuff here.  did anyone else find out anything with their investigation that we could compare?

2 hours ago, tug said:

continuing my investigation into the used release for this years rsd… I tried emailing the official rsd site but it got returned to me saying it was rejected because a bot thought it was spam, so that is strange.  the page updated with adding info but it still says 10 inch.  so the official usa site for rsd says 10 inch while all others official rsd sites for other countries say 12 inch.  the used announced it as a 12 inch on all their social medias.  and of the 3rd party websites that list it, half say 10 and the other half say 12 and a couple kind of say both.  so this has got to go down as the strangest rsd release conumdrum with all this going on around it with what size it is.  this is crazy stuff here.  did anyone else find out anything with their investigation that we could compare?

the wonder years are also doing a maida vale release. i'm guessing they're related. (that link includes it on the list.) it's going be a 10"... i figure they'd be both be if it's a particular series. that'd make sense to me. not sure why the size is such a big deal though

Edited by chamb117

7 hours ago, tug said:

I would say just wait until Chris from Bullmoose does his annual RSD preview video in a few weeks, but I have a feeling you might have an aneurysm if you don't get the info you need before then.

7 hours ago, chamb117 said:

the wonder years are also doing a maida vale release. i'm guessing they're related. (that link includes it on the list.) it's going be a 10"... i figure they'd be both be if it's a particular series. that'd make sense to me. not sure why the size is such a big deal though

yes.  the used and wonder years are on the same record label and are both releasing a 4 track ep under the same name.  the wonder years announced it as a 10 and the used announced it as a 12.  that is a good theory that theres confusion etween the 2 release and a theory that was previously suggested as well...another possibility there it was an error and confusion by the employee who listed them.  another theory is that it was planned to be a 10 but changed to a 12 and some sites didn't get the memo. 

but the official rsd site should be correct (and the usa official rsd site it diff then the foreign official rsd sites)...I would assume the band knows best but its just on of their employees posted the info so its not like they couldn't of made a mistake.  so with half the sites saying 10 and the other half saying 12...some are correct and the others are not.  but where did these sites get their info from that it would be different?  so many questions. 

p.s. I don't like non 12 inch.  I don't even have good sleeves for LPs that are not 12 inches.  and it would just looked awkward in the record storage box not being the same size as all the others.  #OCD

2 hours ago, Rip said:

Because he actually thinks his record player won’t play a 10”.

not all play 10.  and I don't have sleeves for a 10.  and it wouldn't look good in the record storage box being smaller then all the others. #OCD

2 hours ago, marc32137 said:

I would say just wait until Chris from Bullmoose does his annual RSD preview video in a few weeks, but I have a feeling you might have an aneurysm if you don't get the info you need before then.

4 years ago he didn't mention the used LP and bullmoose is one of the maybe 2 web sites that say both.  its listed as a 12 in the title but the description says 10.  crazy stuff. see for yourself...  https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29261926/the-used-the-used-live-from-maida-vale-rsd-2019-ltd-to-1000

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

Who cares what size it is? No one will buy it anyway.

Or maybe after RSD you will find it The Used bin at your local shop.

limited to 1000 pieces and considered to be a top must have gem this year.  people are going to go crazy for this.

1 hour ago, N8TRU1 said:

Imagine only listening to one band and that one band being The Used.

nirvana... and I don't mean the band.

p.s. imagine... now that would be another cool LP to get with unheard raw versions of john lennon's album.

12 hours ago, tug said:

You should call the used. They prolly need to know how your investigation is going.