RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

8 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Don't get me wrong, he's innocuous af but it's not like he doesn't live & breathe off the attention.

Oh, absolutely.  Some people are convinced he’s just a really passionate Used fan but the way he deflects and the caliber of shit-posting he does is 120% troll material.  If the board was more mature and just ignored his antics - myself included - he’d wither away and wouldn’t bother posting.

47 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Moving forward, I'm only here for The Used vinyl updates.  Please keep other posts to a minimun.  Thanks.

we pretty much figured it out.  the used is a 12 inch.  why some sites list a 10 inch we don't know but I guess who cares.  all that matters is the used is a 12 inch this year.  so we could move on now.

3 hours ago, awalkingwounded said:

Awesome, thank you! 

Any recommendations on time to get there for line? 

I haven't done an RSD in Pittsburgh in a few years (either because I moved or was traveling) so it might be more (or less) packed now than when I was in town. I went to Dave's in 2015 and got in line at like 5am, was within the first 20 people. That was when Deja was on the menu though, so people were flocking. No idea what it'll look like now, but I doubt you'll have to show up that early.

Have never done The Attic for RSD so I don't know their policy or turnout usually, but I'll reiterate that they're one of my favorite shops and probably will end up with the best selection in the area.

16 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

The Attic in Millvale is probably the best record store in the area, and I've always had good experiences doing Dave's Music Mine for RSD (they post their list in advance on FB too).

The attic is great. A few other good shops around but most don't do RSD unfortunately.

The various Amazon websites (non-USA) continue to add RSD 2019 titles.   Only Amazon Italy is accepting pre-orders, though.

I ordered five LP's this morning, including the three below.  Total shipping came to less than $10 US.

For example, newly added to the Amazon Italy site for pre-orders:

Sigur Ros - Variations On Darkness   $25.50 USA + shipping

https://www.amazon.it/Variations-Darkness-Rsd-2019-Sigur/dp/B07PDL8P2J

Sigur Ros - Lunar Halo  $25.50 USA + shipping

https://www.amazon.it/Lunar-Halo-22°-Rsd-2019/dp/B07PHVLK6J

Jeff Tweedy - Warmer:  $27 USA + shipping

https://www.amazon.it/Warmer-Rsd-2019-Tweedy-Jeff/dp/B07PJS5YKK

Most of these are searchable using "RSD 2019" at the Amazon Italy site.  

10 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Sigur Ros - Variations On Darkness   $25.50 USA + shipping

https://www.amazon.it/Variations-Darkness-Rsd-2019-Sigur/dp/B07PDL8P2J

Sigur Ros - Lunar Halo  $25.50 USA + shipping

https://www.amazon.it/Lunar-Halo-22°-Rsd-2019/dp/B07PHVLK6J

I thought these releases were scrapped? Or was just the US portion of the release canceled?

On 3/4/2019 at 10:01 PM, Squard said:

This year's looking unfortunately good to me :(

Way too much shit I want, gonna have to cut some out. Current wantlist is excessive:

• Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO - Invisible Eyes & Phantom Cathedral
  • Art Ensemble Of Chicago - The Spiritual
  • Death Grips - Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber
  • The Dream Syndicate - The Days Of Wine And Roses
  • Goblin - Yell
  • Fela Kuti - Music Of Many Colours
  • Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
  • Alfred Panou & The Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Je Suis Un Sauvage/Le Moral Necessaire
  • David Byrne - Brazil Classic box set
  • VA - I Am Sam OST

Then there's some UK exclusives. If you're in the UK and planning to go out, then I'd love to pick up a US exclusive and trade! Or if you're willing to sell one to me at whatever you pay for it just as a favor, that's fine too! :)

• The Residents - B.S.
  • M - Pop Muzik
  • Chapterhouse - Whirlpool (The Original Recordings)
  • Acid Mothers Temple - Does The Cosmic Shepherd Dream Of Electric Tapirs?
  • Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks TP Replica

Last two on that UK list are up in the air, I'll know for sure if I want them before RSD though. Just please don't back out if the Discogs prices are high!

Totally be up for a trade. I’m from the U.K. and after Alice Cooper - Dirty Diamonds which is a US exclusive. Let me know if you’re up for it :)

From the band's website: https://sigur-ros.co.uk/recordstoreday2019/

SIGUR RÓS - RECORD STORE DAY 2019

on april 13th record store day will be celebrated around the world - for this year’s event SIGUR RÓS will release two exclusive vinyl albums. 22° LUNAR HALO and VARIATIONS ON DARKNESS are soundtracks to separate modern dance collaborations, each building on sigur rós music, both new and existing, to create brand new works.

Sigur Rós - 22° LUNAR HALO

22° LUNAR HALO

soundtrack to brand new dance work by leading taiwanese choreographer CHENG tsung-lung, premiering in taiwan to coincide. tsung-lung chose his favourite music from throughout SIGUR RÓS’s career, which was then twisted, bent and broken, and finally added to in the band’s reykjavík studio to create a new perspective for CLOUD GATE 2.  musical director KJARTAN HOLM.

vinyl exclusive to record store day. limited edition on black heavyweight 12″ vinyl. spined sleeve printed with special inks. released april 13th.

Sigur Rós - Variations On Darkness

VARIATIONS ON DARKNESS

soundtrack to a series of choreographed performances from the ICELAND DANCE COMPANY, originally commissioned for the band’s NORÐUR OG NIÐUR festival New Year 2018. IDC musical “vacillation and transfiguration” expert VALDIMAR JÓHANSSON was granted unique access to unreleased SIGUR RÓS material, as well as multitracks of the band’s catalogue, using them to create a score of high nordic drama to underpin the apocalyptic vision of choreographer ERNA ÓMARSDÓTTIR. edited for vinyl by KJARTAN HOLM.

vinyl exclusive to record store day. limited edition on black heavyweight 12″ vinyl. spined sleeve printed with special inks. released april 13th.

22° LUNAR HALO photographer: LEE Chia-yeh // Variations On Darkness photographer: Anna Kristín Arnardóttir

Edited by jackshidt

Picked up the WEEZER "Dusty Gems" release, already opened, at a used record store in LA this weekend.  Guess one slipped out into the wild early.  Here's a closer look for those interested.  Sound quality of the pressing is alright; nothing to write home about. But these are all demos (essentially) anyways.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by mikewilliamson

42 minutes ago, mikewilliamson said:

Picked up the WEEZER "Dusty Gems" release, already opened, at a used record store in LA this weekend.  Guess one slipped out into the wild early.  Here's a closer look for those interested.  Sound quality of the pressing is alright; nothing to write home about. But these are all demos (essentially) anyways.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wow that's nuts, wonder what happened.