RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

2 hours ago, mfalcons said:

Hi guys, I've been absent from the forum for a while...

How hard will it be to put my hands on Frank Black's two vinyl on 4AD label?
Not having the possibility to buy them in a physical store, I would like to take them online in Europe. Is there any site that accepts pre-orders?

Euro RSD online sales are not allowed until a week after RSD so there won't be (or shouldn't) be anywhere you can pre-order from.

Demos from "Master Volume" by the Dirty Nil? Yes please.

https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/record-store-day-2019/products/the-dirty-nil-master-volume-demos-lp

I realize this is available with the deluxe LP set but I'm happy to have it as an individual release to go with the copy of Master Volume I picked up on Black Friday RSD.

I for one think the 3" player is a fun novelty thing. I'll probably get one to set up as a display item on my 7" shelf with 3" records in a mini crate. It's no different than displaying toys or pictures. You guys don't have to take everything so seriously. No one expects it to sound good.

2 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

so I find myself in Los Angeles for RSD and it's been years since I've been here. I know Amoeba in Hollywood is a shit show for RSD so what are the best stores to go to?

if you're concerned about grabbing a particular title, Amoeba is the best bet.  even though they are a shitshow, they get a ton more stock of all exclusives compared to the smaller stores around the area.  Unless you camp at a smaller store at least a few hours before opening, chances are pretty slim on snagging popular stuff when doors open/after dust settles. 
Also, LA is flipper central, some people in line will literally buy a title if they hear you talking about in line because they are in front of you and it "sounds popular"

3 minutes ago, ethereal said:

if you're concerned about grabbing a particular title, Amoeba is the best bet.  even though they are a shitshow, they get a ton more stock of all exclusives compared to the smaller stores around the area.  Unless you camp at a smaller store at least a few hours before opening, chances are pretty slim on snagging popular stuff when doors open/after dust settles. 
Also, LA is flipper central, some people in line will literally buy a title if they hear you talking about in line because they are in front of you and it "sounds popular"

I just remember last time I lived here (2013) people were lining up at amoeba like a week ahead - do people still do that? I don’t really want to wake up super early on Saturday haha

16 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

so I find myself in Los Angeles for RSD and it's been years since I've been here. I know Amoeba in Hollywood is a shit show for RSD so what are the best stores to go to?

Freak Beat in Sherman Oaks and CD Trader in Tarzana are good options as well.

I live right in between Ventura and LA and I've been going to Salzers in Ventura for RSD. I don't like the place much as a normal go-to shop but for RSD they get a ton of stock and not too huge of a crowd (comparatively to Amoeba)

20 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

Demos from "Master Volume" by the Dirty Nil? Yes please.

https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/record-store-day-2019/products/the-dirty-nil-master-volume-demos-lp

I realize this is available with the deluxe LP set but I'm happy to have it as an individual release to go with the copy of Master Volume I picked up on Black Friday RSD.

exactly this! the records for the deluxe were manufactured separately and we had a handful of leftovers so i thought people might be interested in it as a separate release. not trying to piss off collectors, just putting the overs to a good use

1 hour ago, drewberinger said:

Amoeba will be a mad house. If you don’t get there the night before, good luck. I only go there now to get the RSD tshirts they live screen in the store. It’s just as much a tradition for me to grab a shirt at Amoeba on RSD as the records themselves. But they don’t set up until around noon so I’ve already been to other stores for my actual record shopping. It’s usually my last stop. I was thinking of trying the Glasshouse record store this year first. I’ve never been on a RSD. 

Probably going a little later this year. Hoping to find most of what’s on my “long list”:

Anal Cunt - Picnic of Love 

Twin Peaks Season Two: Music and More 

Julien Baker – "Red Door"/"Conversation Piece"

Frank Black – Frank Black

Frank Black – Teenager Of The Year

Bone Thugs N Harmony – E 1999 Eternal

The Charlatans – Some Friendly

The Charlatans – Us And Us Only

Demond Deker – Pretty Africa

Devo – Box Set

Green Day – Woodstock

Mission Of Burma – Peking Spring

The Pietasters – Willis

Ramones – Live

Robyn – Body Talk

Santigold – I Don't Want: The Gold Fire Sessions

The Skatalites – Greetings from Skamania

Soccer Mommy – For Young Hearts

Ten In The Swear Jar – Fort Awesome: Complete Recordings

The Crow Soundtrack

Lost In Translation Soundtrack

Weezer – Dusty Gems and Raw Nuggets

I don’t think any of this will be a problem. Except for maybe Body Talk.