RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

I noticed the Peter Gabriel release is listed as RSD First but the original press release from Peter Gabriel said "As it is a picture disc, it may be more interesting as a collector’s item than as an audiophile experience. It is good to know that all buyers will be given access to a High Resolution download. As of now there are no plans to make this album available in a different way." That last bit I bolded is no longer in the description on PG's website now though. Does anyone have any info or guesses of the availability of this post RSD? If it's going to get a normal press, I might want to wait for that...

3 minutes ago, thenameisluigi said:

Similar to the dude going to LA, I'm going to happen to be in NYC for RSD this year. Best bet for a shop to check out to try and snag a couple things? Ideally in Manhattan, not Brooklyn as I'll be spending my time there this time.

Rough Trade will probably have the biggest selection.

1 hour ago, thenameisluigi said:

Similar to the dude going to LA, I'm going to happen to be in NYC for RSD this year. Best bet for a shop to check out to try and snag a couple things? Ideally in Manhattan, not Brooklyn as I'll be spending my time there this time.

1 hour ago, yeah_totally said:

Rough Trade is a good shop but it is in Brooklyn. I'd suggest Turntable Lab and Generation Records. If you go to TL be sure to check out Limited to One down the street. I don't think they have RSD releases but they have tons of great rare punk, hardcore, indie and other related stuff. I know they put a lot of cool shit out specifically for RSD.

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the order gets filled!

5 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Rough Trade is a good shop but it is in Brooklyn. I'd suggest Turntable Lab and Generation Records. If you go to TL be sure to check out Limited to One down the street. I don't think they have RSD releases but they have tons of great rare punk, hardcore, indie and other related stuff. I know they put a lot of cool shit out specifically for RSD.

7 hours ago, yeah_totally said:

Dope, sounds like a trek out to Brooklyn is in order then. I've actually been following Limited to One since they opened. Gonna check that out afterwards for any cool stuff they put out. Been actually actively trying to convince them to sell a couple of things haha. I asked them about it and they won't be carrying actual RSD stuff. 

1 hour ago, thenameisluigi said:

Dope, sounds like a trek out to Brooklyn is in order then. I've actually been following Limited to One since they opened. Gonna check that out afterwards for any cool stuff they put out. Been actually actively trying to convince them to sell a couple of things haha. I asked them about it and they won't be carrying actual RSD stuff. 

I’ve never been to Limited, but like @pepperonigin said, they put out a lot of crazy rare stuff.  I love when shops post stuff like that on IG the weeks leading up to RSD whether they participate or not.

7 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Any idea how Bullmoose in Salem is doing RSD? The traditional line they've always done? Or are they giving out numbers like they did for BF RSD?

That's what I was trying to figure out myself. I called Tuesday but the person I got didn't really have an answer regarding numbers. How was that number thing last year anyway? Did they give them out at midnight or something? I got there probably at like 630 and got number 26 I think, I can't remember. If you call today and figure it out let me know. 

1 hour ago, pizza face said:

That's what I was trying to figure out myself. I called Tuesday but the person I got didn't really have an answer regarding numbers. How was that number thing last year anyway? Did they give them out at midnight or something? I got there probably at like 630 and got number 26 I think, I can't remember. If you call today and figure it out let me know. 

I tried to call yesterday and got zero info from them. Just some clueless kid on the other end if the phone.

Same deal with me in Nov. Got #23 or so. Not sure how to get the lower #s as they were not handing them out when I arrived.

3 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I tried to call yesterday and got zero info from them. Just some clueless kid on the other end if the phone.

Same deal with me in Nov. Got #23 or so. Not sure how to get the lower #s as they were not handing them out when I arrived.

I can try to call on my break today around 1045. Usually Ian is there and always has answers. Hopefully I get him, if not I will ask for him I guess. If you try again today let me know, I'll let you know if I discover anything about how they're gonna do it. Because if I can get a number at midnight I would much rather do that then show up for like 630

28 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I can try to call on my break today around 1045. Usually Ian is there and always has answers. Hopefully I get him, if not I will ask for him I guess. If you try again today let me know, I'll let you know if I discover anything about how they're gonna do it. Because if I can get a number at midnight I would much rather do that then show up for like 630

Sounds good to me!  Keep in touch!

10 minutes ago, bear801 said:

Well my local shop only ordered 4 copies of The Crow.  They’re a very small shop so he never orders huge amounts of any title but they get quite a big line every RSD.   Might not be able to grab this one in person on Saturday.  Online should be fairly easy im thinking. 

yeah with 8k of them you should have no issues finding one for retail price online after.

18 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

Thanks for posting these. I ordered, but does anyone know how likely these are to get fulfilled? The description still says limited RSD exclusive.

4 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Thanks for posting these. I ordered, but does anyone know how likely these are to get fulfilled? The description still says limited RSD exclusive.

According to the band they wanted to have them for RSD in the US but they didn't have them shrinkwrapped and that was somehow a problem. So they delayed it to be a non RSD release in North America. They are selling them on their website next month and also having them distributed to retail shops. if you get an order in early I'd expect BM to come through.

It probably just says RSD exclusive because they was the original description when BM added the release into their system a while back.

Edited by fish

3 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Pretty likely.  They’re limiting 1 per customer, and are pretty good about pulling down links before they oversell.