RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

22 minutes ago, Rip said:

Won’t be able to make it out tomorrow, so if anyone comes across the Gorillaz, Death Grips, or Twin Peaks release and could help me out, I’d appreciate it so much.

Death Grips is all I’m seriously after, locally, so I’d feel scuzzy buying 2 if my small shop even gets that many... but I’ll definitely try to help you out with Gorillaz and TP if I’m able.

While I'd like the Death Grips release, all I REALLY REALLY want is the Ghost World soundtrack, was hoping it wouldn't be super limited

It's one of the few CDs I keep in my car, hoping if I get out early I can cop it

Edit: Just actually went through the list and there's definitely several things I want but Ghost World is still at the top

Edited by Multiverse

My to picks for tomorrow are:

The Crow OST

Green Jelly Cereal Killer Soundtrack

High On Fire Bat Salad

Sun O))) Life Metal

Seven Mary Three American Standard

Interesting items:

Green Day Woodstock

Yes Yes

Rolling Stones Big Hits

Office Space OST

New Jack City OST

Top half are a must for me but if I come out with any combination of them, I'd be completely satisfied. I prolly left out a few due to not being essential or simply don't wanna spend more than I should. Hoping some of these titles stick around until next weekend.

My local store opens about 9 for RSD. I usually show up around 7 am which gets me about 5th in line, but the lines have been growing every year and people have been showing up earlier so I'm thinking half hour or even an hour earlier....

Maybe a bit late to ask but does anyone know how to gauge whether a record will be quickly sold out or not? I'm looking for the Green Day one and the 2 Madonna ones and I've no idea whether they'll be gone in the first 15 minutes or not. I've no clue when it comes to this kinda thing. Any insight would be great.

1 hour ago, lgfuad said:

Maybe a bit late to ask but does anyone know how to gauge whether a record will be quickly sold out or not? I'm looking for the Green Day one and the 2 Madonna ones and I've no idea whether they'll be gone in the first 15 minutes or not. I've no clue when it comes to this kinda thing. Any insight would be great.

Hard to gauge that stuff. I am going to a shop in Oakland across the street from Billie Joe Armstrong's guitar store. They will be in high demand but there will probably be a shitload of them. Some stores will have 10 some will have 1. Best bet is to call the store you're going to and ask.

Anyone seen pressing numbers on The Black Parade is Dead? My local shop isn’t getting the rare stuff I want (Seven Mary 3, Joan Shelley) and I think the other stuff I want that they are getting will be pretty available (Tweedy, Bingo Hand Job, Julien Baker), so I’m trying to decide if I even need to venture out. 

2 hours ago, lgfuad said:

6800 Green Days seems like a lot. I would expect it to last a while tomorrow and be available for a while afterwards as well.

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

If you’re RSD’ing in the Miami area and planning to go to Technique Records, they just posted that they got a good chunk of their distro order cancelled due to some screw-up by Warner. See their FB for the lengthy post. 

That’s because Warner dropped a ton of record stores. They more than doubled their yearly quota without noticed and dropped hundreds of record stores with 2 days notice