RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

4 minutes ago, trainsaw said:

Anyone know if they’re gonna set the Green Day - Woodstock 94 for wider release after RSD, I had read speculation but nothing beyond that, think there was 6800 so if not, should be able to find a copy I guess

I think it’s listed as RSD first so I would assume so

Minor drama at my local store, as the guy who usually does the orders wasn't involved in the process this year. People were asking him about certain titles and he just kept shurgging his shoulders and saying, "Sorry."

I think the only way I was affected was the lack of Broken Social Scene (I was sixth in line--only arrived 20 minutes before doors opened--and didn't see a copy, unless someone in front of me got it very quickly). Also no Robyn or Bird and the Bee (although they were further down my list). Walked out with Pearl Jam (they had plenty of copies), Green River (1 copy), and Tweedy (a handful of copies).

Not a bad year, but spent way less than RSD or BF last year. 

All done with one stop shopping at Dine Alone Records in Toronto. Lined up at 7:45 and checked out around 9:30.

Picked up:

Dirty Nil - Master Volume demos

Pkewx3 - Optimal Lifestyles

Thrush Hermit - Clayton Park

Broken Social Scene - Let's Try the After

Stars - Sad Robots

Jeff Buckley - In Transition

Looks like there was a healthy restock of store exclusives for a number of items. If any of you locals were looking for the new Alexisonfire single, there was a bunch of signed glow variants.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by Subdomestic

I got 4 out of 5 wants so I consider myself lucky since I was so far back in line. Just gotta find a Weezer Dusty Gems. 

Oh and the manager of my shop said he didn’t order any of the 3”s. He said “they require buying the little player. Fuck that.”  Kudos to him. 

Stopped at my shop what I thought was 45 minutes early but was actually 15 minutes late because they opened an hour early. Still managed to get MCR (the thing they we’re getting I was worried about missing) and Tweedy. Will still need Bingo Hand Job and Julien Baker, but not too worried about tracking down those. Seven Mary 3 will be the tough one to get, but my shop didn’t even order any. 

18 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Oh and the manager of my shop said he didn’t order any of the 3”s. He said “they require buying the little player. Fuck that.”  Kudos to him. 

All the stores should have done this and they would have ended up in some landfill in Vegas.

This generation’s version of Atari E.T. cartridges...

19 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

From what I’m hearing this won’t be hard to pickup when online sales start.

I thought so, but neither stores in town got a single copy and bullmooses stock is showing at only one store. So just figured id ask if someone saw it and didnt need it, that id take it.