RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

8 minutes ago, Paddy said:

i (hopefully) got 1 of the sigur ros from bullmoose preorder but the other went unavailable during checkout.

anyone got a lunar halo? US based, not stocked anywhere today. can provide an irish or uk shipping address to make it easy.

Sigur Ros has already said they will make copies available to USA buyers in May from their website.  The USA shipping is done by Warner WEA so it's official.  I would expect all of the regular stores to have preorders up as well.

Came away with:

• Acid Mothers - Invisible Eyes
  • Fela Kuti/Roy Ayers
  • Art Ensemble of Chicago - The Spiritual
  • Death Grips
  • High On Fire
  • Goblin
  • Van Morrison
  • Nitzer Ebb
  • Gorillaz
  • Dream Syndicate

Very very happy with this. Oh, and a couple of nice guys from the UK helped me grab Residents and Chapterhouse (y'all know who you are, very much appreciated) :)

2019 Haul: My wallet is so pissed off at me, but I loved the list this year!

Green Day

R.E.M.(Bingo Hand Job)

Pearl Jam

both Weezer

Thrice

Billy Joel

Mastodon 

Frank Black S/T

The Wonder Years

Julien Baker

The Ramones

Elton John 

Still looking for Idles..

Would part with Thrice or Wonder Years in a trade for Idles if it helps anyone that's looking for it.

spacer.png

My RSD2019 haul, except for on the far left, which came in the mail today and the far right, which were 3 for 10 bucks.

Still missing a bunch of UK exclusives like Suede, Elastica & Sol Seppy. I'll either order online from a UK retailer or try to buy them when I'm in Athens at the beginning of May.

P.S. Any Greek users know if any stores in Athens carry RSD titles, especially the UK ones? This would save me shipping costs/possibility of parcel damage or loss.

P.P.S. No, that's not some The Lonely Island vinyl you're correct to think you've never heard of. It's a Canadian modern-classical record for bassoon. Lol too weird to not grab for free.

Edited by armadillo01

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

spacer.png

My RSD2019 haul, except for on the far left, which came in the mail today and the far right, which were 3 for 10 bucks.

Still missing a bunch of UK exclusives like Suede, Elastica & Sol Seppy. I'll either order online from a UK retailer or try to buy them when I'm in Athens at the beginning of May.

P.S. Any Greek users know if any stores in Athens carry RSD titles, especially the UK ones? This would save me shipping costs/possibility of parcel damage or loss.

Body talk got a fucking reissue?!?

I watch EBay every year rather than go out and stand in line.    FYI there is much much less frenzied buying there this year.   Ebay limited the amount of pre-sales they allowed.

Last year there were many titles selling for $100+ at this hour of RSD.   Today there are only a handful (Devo Box, Jerry Garcia, Skip Spence).   Lost of $50 records but very little at high high prices.

55 minutes ago, lotsalemon said:

thx!

Actually I think the only places that got it were the ones close to venues for the Ministry shows. 

Yup, they're playing in Toronto soon and so they were charging 50 CDN for 1 copy of the comp plus tickets to the show, with Cold Cave opening (do NOT miss them; they're amazing) at my local store, which were also giving away free t-shirts & tote bags branded with the comp's logo. I grabbed 1 of each for my non-record collecting friend who's an OG industrial-music head.

13 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Yeah my #1 Must-Have disc for this year (Thrush Hermit a close second).

AND it's got some extra acoustic cuts, including one never released before, to fill out Side D. Been waiting for this for years.

Think $64 is a good price to snag this from Discogs?

31 minutes ago, Squard said:

Came away with:

• Acid Mothers - Invisible Eyes
  • Fela Kuti/Roy Ayers
  • Art Ensemble of Chicago - The Spiritual
  • Death Grips
  • High On Fire
  • Goblin
  • Van Morrison
  • Nitzer Ebb
  • Gorillaz
  • Dream Syndicate

Very very happy with this. Oh, and a couple of nice guys from the UK helped me grab Residents and Chapterhouse (y'all know who you are, very much appreciated) :)

Happy to help man! Thanks for picking up Alice Cooper for me :) 

I picked up: 

Suede - Head Music

Breaking Bad Soundtrack

Brian May - New Horizons

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody Soundtrack + 7”

The Crow Soundtrack

Peter Gabriel - Rated PG

My Chemical Romance - Black Parade Live

Robyn - Body Talk