RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

The first seven people at the Reckless in Wicker Park got there at 3:30pm Friday and only bought the Wax Trax release for the Ministry show later. Maybe it's me, but if I waited 16 1/2 hrs for anything, first off, I think I should get my head examined, second off, there's no way I'd have any energy to go to a show afterward. 

17 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Soundscapes, a veteran store in town still had a bunch of Lost in Translation OSTs for somewhere in the mid to high $20s CDN around noon. I can swing by and grab a copy for anyone in 3 hrs if they still have any, but I promise you the shipping cost is going to make you regret it unless you live near the border.

P.S. Anyone else find the non tip-on gatefold for Robyn flimsy af? The outside half of both  flaps are doing bell-curve warping as if it's sustained water damage. It'll look weird outside its outer plastic sleeve.

I still need Lost in Translation pls

20 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Do any online stores put up leftovers tonight? I thought 1234go used to but last year it took them forever to get them up.

Leftovers will be up at http://1234gorecords.com/recordstoreday at 5am EST on Sunday the 14th. We are no running this out of a squarespace store instead of our janky old webstore so you can use credit cards or paypal if you like. We tested this out on Black Friday and it worked like a dream. Processing time on the orders was greatly reduced as well so we're faster than ever!

FYI....The Crow is a really good pressing to my ears.   (Turntable is a Project Debut Carbon and is the weakest part of my setup). First thing ive played so far.   Im no audiophile expert but no pops whatsoever.  Rocks like hell.  Dead quiet in between songs.  Really happy with it. 

Edited by bear801

If anyone happens to see any of the promo Wax Trax! shirts at stores that have the LP please snag me a L (or XL) if at all possible. Will gladly pay whatever it costs for the record/shirt/postage etc. I'm guessing most of that stuff ended up in the cities that the special Ministry/Cold Cave shows are in and I'm a big Wax Trax! collector.

Edited by fish

1 minute ago, skidroje said:

Can someone please explain to me HOW THE FUCK copies of The Crow are selling for $100+ on ebay?  Didn't I read there was like 8000 pressed, or am I just mad my store didn't get any copies of it?

This happens every year. People can’t control themselves and panic buy. Almost all RSD titles will be available for MSRP in a few hours. I’ve never missed out on something I really wanted. Patience is the name of the game. 

4 minutes ago, skidroje said:

Can someone please explain to me HOW THE FUCK copies of The Crow are selling for $100+ on ebay?  Didn't I read there was like 8000 pressed, or am I just mad my store didn't get any copies of it?

I went to two stores and both had copious amounts of The Crow. It'll be online tomorrow definitely at some places.

So going off Plaid Room's stock numbers, the following should be fairly easy to grab via them or elsewhere in the coming days: The Crow, Lost In Translation, Seven Mary Three, Breaking Bad, Weezer's b-sides (and I'm imagining Teal shouldn't be too bad either). They have quite a few Body Talk left, too. I figure those secondary market prices will plummet very soon.

RSD ‘19 in Indy

I was in line at my favorite record shop in Indy [Luna] at 0415.  20th in line. By 0745, they cued us into the store. Dry and in the low 40s made it bearable.  Some good conversations about the best music of the year so far with others in the cue…we agreed Bob Mould’s new album kicks ass.  I was up to the counter and out of the store by 0830. Got 90% of my wantlist, save Sigur Ros — they said it was cancelled? Did anyone else get those two albums?  Otherwise, another enjoyable day.

https://imgur.com/a/VpJVq0N

Bingo Hand Job ‎– Live At The Borderline 1991
Craft Recordings 2 × Vinyl, LP
Limited to 3.000 copies in the US.

Robert Plant ‎– Fate Of Nations

Es Paranza Records

Limited Edition/1000, Reissue, Special Edition for Record Store Day 2019

The Police ‎– Message In A Bottle
A&M Records

Limited to 1000 copies. Reissue, Remastered on Green Transparent
and Blue two 7” singles in a Gatefold

Pelican ‎– Midnight And Mescaline
Label: Southern Lord

Limited to 1,000 copies on red vinyl. 7” single plays at Vinyl, 7", 33 ⅓ RPM

Lost In Translation (Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Label: Emperor Norton

Limited Edition/8000 pressed on translucent violet vinyl.

The Crow (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Label: Atlantic

Record Store Day 2019 release. Limited to 8000 copies. LP1 is White, LP2 is on black vinyl, with an etching of The Crow on Side D.