RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

Just now, iiiii623498 said:

Still trying to track it down, myself. Was this one of the ones where shipments were delayed? I went to four stores and each one either never received it, or only got one copy in

The store I went to yesterday had about 5 of them from what I remember, just wasn't something I was looking to snag.

11 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Oh, I don't doubt that one bit.  The store I went to is Finders Records in Bowling Green Ohio.  The place is a vinyl monster, HUGE inventory.  Pretty sure they got a bunch of almost everything they ordered for.  I asked about the Twin Peaks Soundtrack and the girl said they ordered it but didn't get any, so I was kind of surprised by that, considering it looked as though they had AT LEAST one of every thing else on the list.

I love Finders! I went to Univ of Findlay and would always drive up for Finders and some Myles! My first RSDs were at Finders when no one else would be there and you could just walk in and grab whatever 😂

5 minutes ago, iiiii623498 said:

Still trying to track it down, myself. Was this one of the ones where shipments were delayed? I went to four stores and each one either never received it, or only got one copy in

Doesn't seem like it - the store i went to locally said they got 20 of them in and still managed to sell out by early afternoon.

In a few hours I'm going to my favorite "Next Day RSD" store:  Salzer's in Ventura California.   It's one of those huge stores that can't possibly be making any money - they must just like selling records.   Every year they over-order and months and months later they still have some fairly hot titles from the previous RSD.   Last December I went by and they had marked down all of the Taylor Swift colored vinyl RSD titles to $19.99 - they still had all three from earlier RSD's in stock. 

Edited by jackshidt

4 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

In a few hours I'm going to my favorite "Next Day RSD" store:  Salzer's in Ventura California.   It's one of those huge stores that can't possibly be making any money - they must just like selling records.   Every year they over-order and months and months later they still have some fairly hot titles from the previous RSD.   Last December I went by and they had marked down all of the Taylor Swift colored vinyl RSD titles to $19.99 - they still had all three from earlier RSD's in stock. 

Mind keeping an eye out for Tweedy and Alice Clark for me?

1 minute ago, agaetisbyrjun said:

Mind keeping an eye out for Tweedy and Alice Clark for me?

Sure, I plan to post here what I see.  It won't be for several hours though.  They're really old-school - they don't do any mail order as far as I know, so stuff just sits there.   On a beautiful day like today people go to the beach rather than the record store, I might have the place to myself.    Unfortunately, they're $2 - $3 more expensive than other places I see online.

Just talked to Easy Street Records (easystreetonline.com) in West Seattle. They said they planned to have their leftovers up by now, but they can't get in touch with their web guy(?!). They hope to have theirs up in the next hour or so. He said they are out of Robyn, Devo, etc. Said most of what they have is the seeds and stems (my words there), but he said they do of course have some Pearl Jam copies left. 

26 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Please let me know if they have Pearl Jam, Queen, or The Crow.