RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

22 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

Is it me or were prices extra brutal this year?

At my local record store:

* Yes - Yes €39,99

* High on Fire - Bat Salad €34,99 (three tracks!)

* 13th Floor Elevators €39,99

* Czarface - Double Dose of Danger €34,99

Didn't buy anything in the end...

From what I've read elsewhere, the prices seemed to be more in European stores. Here in the states I purchased the Bat Salad for $19.98 at my local store.

5 minutes ago, chaz725 said:

Discogs has been the best spot to track down shops with leftovers this year for sure.

Just got a copy of MCR for $35.99 from a store that was selling their leftovers. Got a copy of Tweedy yesterday at list price.

Add what you want to your wantlist and keep checking often.

I'm curious about that MCR listing.  That seller (downinthevalley?) has put that "corner ding" listing up 10+ times...  Nice grab though! 

2 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Did anyone see an actual copy of the yellow 7M3 American Standard on Saturday? I did see the standard black. Just wondering how widely it was dispersed. Saw it on discogs going for $150. No way in hell I'm gonna pay for that one...

Basically Plaid Room somehow managed to accumulate 60+ copies of the yellow, so the number of yellow copies in the wild outside of their store had to be minimal. Then that inventory sold out in minutes on Sunday AM when the leftovers went up.

Similarly, Wargod allocated something like 450 of the 700 copies of the Hot Rod tri-color soundtrack to Light In The Attic.

Edited by lethalenforcer

35 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

From what I've read elsewhere, the prices seemed to be more in European stores. Here in the states I purchased the Bat Salad for $19.98 at my local store.

Yeah it was 21.99 CDN for me (equivalent to 16.5 USD). Too bad it's been so expensive in Europe. At least you'll know the UK Exclusives are going to be cheap for you.

34 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

$20 is still way too much for a three track EP. That's fucking nuts.

Have you found 12"s w/ a non-black vinyl & a full outer sleeve to selling for less at a store in 2019? Must be nice, if so.

35 minutes ago, cratesofvinyl said:

Has anyone seen any shops selling (or if you've got one you want to sell) a copy of the Ramones live album?  I just called Dr. Strange and they basically said they sold out and they're still processing orders.  So my guess is I might end up not getting one.

quick? US record shop leftover  https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/930413167?ev=bp_det

Edited by rark

2 hours ago, etphonehome said:

Still looking for a copy of Billy Joel-Live At Carnegie Hall if anyone has a lead on one.  Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Live-Carnegie-Hall-1977-Vinyl/dp/B07NHQZQSF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1YFUL0NVCC62R&keywords=billy+joel+carnegie+hall+1977&qid=1555451467&s=gateway&sprefix=billy+joel+car&sr=8-1

Doesn't ship for awhile but worth a shot.

55 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Yeah it was 21.99 CDN for me (equivalent to 16.5 USD). Too bad it's been so expensive in Europe. At least you'll know the UK Exclusives are going to be cheap for you.

Have you found 12"s w/ a non-black vinyl & a full outer sleeve to selling for less at a store in 2019? Must be nice, if so.

Yeah, especially when they're not full albums.

1 hour ago, VinylMario said:

Did anyone see an actual copy of the yellow 7M3 American Standard on Saturday? I did see the standard black. Just wondering how widely it was dispersed. Saw it on discogs going for $150. No way in hell I'm gonna pay for that one...

My shop only got black, and once I paid attention to the sticker and pressing number knew there had to be a variant. Plaid had around 47 as of Sunday at 8 and sold out instantly. I'm still on the hunt too, but thankful to have snagged at least one copy.

2 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I’m sure you’ll be ok, they have an endorsement from a Nigerian Price assuring all credit card transactions are secure.

Oh well in that case I have no worries. Coincidentally, I just made a pretty sound investment to triple my money with a Nigerian Prince so this is just the cherry on top!

1 hour ago, cratesofvinyl said:

Has anyone seen any shops selling (or if you've got one you want to sell) a copy of the Ramones live album?  I just called Dr. Strange and they basically said they sold out and they're still processing orders.  So my guess is I might end up not getting one.

I just got off the phone with Finders and placed a mail order for one; they said they’ve still got quite a few. Used the phone number on their Facebook page and it ships out tomorrow!