RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

1 hour ago, cratesofvinyl said:

I know I’m kicking a dead horse with this but the statuses seem to change so much so I have to ask:  does anyone know of a place to get a regularly priced copy of the Crow or know of a place that’s going to be getting some?

I finally got around to hitting up my local record shop (after RSD that posted some seriously inconsistent hours during the week) and the guy working today just gave me an “I don’t know” with not much feeling when asked if they’d be getting any.

Prolly a bit crazy after shipping and exchange but this shop in Ireland still has copies of the crow on their website... but I’m sure more domestically will turn up soon.

https://www.assai.co.uk/products/the-crow-soundtrack-double-black-white-vinyl-lp-new-rsd-2019?variant=20857907052603

5 hours ago, CanadaPostRock said:

Prolly a bit crazy after shipping and exchange but this shop in Ireland Scotland still has copies of the crow on their website... but I’m sure more domestically will turn up soon.

https://www.assai.co.uk/products/the-crow-soundtrack-double-black-white-vinyl-lp-new-rsd-2019?variant=20857907052603

Fixed.

1 hour ago, vinny0190 said:

Got an update email from Plaid Room that they're still working on orders and such, hopefully mine will ship soon, has anyone else received theirs?

I got an email on Monday that my order was shipped and I looked at the tracking update today and my order will be here tomorrow for me. I only ordered about 3 things but I'm surprised mine shipped so early. Maybe I was one of the first ones to get in my order quick haha. 

1 hour ago, rhcp02 said:

Good idea, ill prob get New jack city, house of wax, and the transformers soundtracks from there too in 3 mos for 8 bucks a piece.  Lol

When did records get priced at over $50 retail? That is just insanity. :rolleyes:

However, I ended up buying both the Janis Joplin and Sly Stone sets that morning. 

I thought those releases were more interesting, and I think TOGETHER cost less than the Woodstock Mono set.

I will continue to enjoy my OG Stereo press that I think I bought for $7. :lol:

1 minute ago, pizza face said:

Just returned spider verse to bullmoose and got the south park lp. I think I got number 4974 or something. Anyone spot the golden ticket yet? I'm gonna open mine later on.  Figured if I paid $35 for a single lp I could do $72 for a double LP. 

Lordy, I'm very happy that's not a standard. $35 about the max I'd want to pay for a double LP

26 minutes ago, pizza face said:

Figured if I paid $35 for a single lp I could do $72 for a double LP. 

Your math checks out – barring a couple of bucks, these prices are proportional jokes.

25 minutes ago, Multiverse said:

Lordy, I'm very happy that's not a standard. $35 about the max I'd want to pay for a double LP

I think we're of a dying breed, but that's about my threshold too.  I tend to make exceptions for stuff that's incredibly limited, hand-assembled, or of substantial quality / rarity.  $35 / $70+ for RSD junk feels like the worst kind of meme.

Yeah, it's very rare that I'd spend that much on a double LP but I love South Park, can't help it. Plus I got my tax returns back so that helped my decision. It's probably the only overpriced record I got for RSD this year. Everything seemed reasonably priced. Except for maybe Green Jelly I think I paid $33 for that. 

Yeah I splurged on the SP too. The presentation and packaging is top notch, first thing I did was immediately pulled the records out of the clear PVC sleeves they came in.  I wouldn't wait too long to purchase one of these if you want it. They will soon all have the hazing finish on the vinyl from the PVC. Grab it now and swap the records into MOFI sleeves asap.

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Your math checks out – barring a couple of bucks, these prices are proportional jokes.

I think we're of a dying breed, but that's about my threshold too.  I tend to make exceptions for stuff that's incredibly limited, hand-assembled, or of substantial quality / rarity.  $35 / $70+ for RSD junk feels like the worst kind of meme.

To be fair, the South Park packaging is fucking intense.