Jump to content
GrapplesInStereo

RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, jackshidt said:

I'm seeing a few pre-orders at Amazon Italy for some RSD stuff.   Prices seem quite reasonable to me on SOME of the titles.

Link to the items:  https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=rsd+2019

 

PLUS the shipping seems reasonable:  shipping is about $14 USA for as many LP's as you want, it seems.

 

Examples:

Uli Jon Roth of Scorpions 'Tokyo Tapes Revisited' 4LP set - $ 49 US  (with no additional shipping charge)

https://www.amazon.it/Tokyo-Tapes-Revisited-Uli-Roth/dp/B06X167PXS

 

Elvis Presley 'Live In Paris' is offered for $24 US  (with no additional shipping charge)

https://www.amazon.it/Elvis-Paris-Anniv-1959-2019-Limited/dp/B07NRH4K3V

 

'Twin Peaks - Season 2 Music And More' 2LP on Rhino  for $34  US (with no additional shipping charge)

https://www.amazon.it/Twin-Peaks-Season-Music-2019/dp/B07NR8V4DD

 

808 State 4xLP set for $44 US (with no additional shipping charge)

https://www.amazon.it/Four-States-808-Rsd-2019/dp/B07PBD7J1C

 

'The Crow' 2LP soundtrack on Rhino for $34  US  (with no additional shipping charge)

https://www.amazon.it/Crow/dp/B07P99YGXF

 

 

 

 

 

 

Isn’t the idea of RSD to support a small local record store?

Edited by tug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:20 PM, diabretic said:

Julien Baker, Menzingers, Soccer Mommy and I might try and get the culture abuse 3” for shits and giggles. 

Definitely in for Soccer Mommy, but my days of getting up at stupid o'clock are long gone. Hopefully won't be too difficult to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a crazy thing going on here...

RSD official USA website lists the used release as a 10 inch vinyl while the UK and CA official RSD websites list it as a 12 inch vinyl and the used themselves announced it as a 12 inch vinyl.  when reading 3rd party sites its about 50/50 where some list it as 10 and some as 12 and a couple as both! (doh, lol).  so I assume it may have been planned as a 10 and changed to a 12 due to obvious reasons, and this made some sites who did not get the updated memo to post the wrong size.  it makes most sense that the used themselves would be correct and it will be a 12 inch which means the USA RSD site has an error and should be corrected.  who would we contact to correct this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tug said:

there is a crazy thing going on here...

RSD official USA website lists the used release as a 10 inch vinyl while the UK and CA official RSD websites list it as a 12 inch vinyl and the used themselves announced it as a 12 inch vinyl.  when reading 3rd party sites its about 50/50 where some list it as 10 and some as 12 and a couple as both! (doh, lol).  so I assume it may have been planned as a 10 and changed to a 12 due to obvious reasons, and this made some sites who did not get the updated memo to post the wrong size.  it makes most sense that the used themselves would be correct and it will be a 12 inch which means the USA RSD site has an error and should be corrected.  who would we contact to correct this?

How's this 10" vs 12" conversation with yourself going? Making any headway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

How's this 10" vs 12" conversation with yourself going? Making any headway?

yes.  I think we established the error was caused by some band on the same record label called 'wonder years' who are releasing a 10" with the exact same name.  but now we are trying to figure out how to get the USA RSD site to be corrected so it looks more professional with no errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tug said:

there is a crazy thing going on here...

RSD official USA website lists the used release as a 10 inch vinyl while the UK and CA official RSD websites list it as a 12 inch vinyl and the used themselves announced it as a 12 inch vinyl.  when reading 3rd party sites its about 50/50 where some list it as 10 and some as 12 and a couple as both! (doh, lol).  so I assume it may have been planned as a 10 and changed to a 12 due to obvious reasons, and this made some sites who did not get the updated memo to post the wrong size.  it makes most sense that the used themselves would be correct and it will be a 12 inch which means the USA RSD site has an error and should be corrected.  who would we contact to correct this?

Hopefully it gets canceled.  Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, tug said:

Isn’t the idea of RSD to support a small local record store?

it should be but for me personally the closest record store is well over an hour away and next to impossible to find any parking and not to mention they have a super limited selection and the staff are all super duper hipsters and try to tell me who i should or shouldn't listen to anytime i go.. I miss living next to legit record stores though. so i pretty much have to my rsd online unless im lucky enough to be out of town when it happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun fact. This is the used 2nd time releasing a RSD record. The first being in 2015 which was a blue colored shallow believer.   Now 2019 is a blue colored live at maida vale. So both releases are blue. What is the significance of blue? It made sense for shallow believer but red would of made for sense for this since it’s recorded in London. 

#funfact

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tug said:

Fun fact. This is the used 2nd time releasing a RSD record. The first being in 2015 which was a blue colored shallow believer.   Now 2019 is a blue colored live at maida vale. So both releases are blue. What is the significance of blue? It made sense for shallow believer but red would of made for sense for this since it’s recorded in London. 

#funfact

Dude, seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This year's looking unfortunately good to me :(

Way too much shit I want, gonna have to cut some out. Current wantlist is excessive:

  • Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO - Invisible Eyes & Phantom Cathedral
  • Art Ensemble Of Chicago - The Spiritual
  • Death Grips - Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber
  • The Dream Syndicate - The Days Of Wine And Roses
  • Goblin - Yell
  • Fela Kuti - Music Of Many Colours
  • Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
  • Alfred Panou & The Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Je Suis Un Sauvage/Le Moral Necessaire
  • David Byrne - Brazil Classic box set
  • VA - I Am Sam OST

Then there's some UK exclusives. If you're in the UK and planning to go out, then I'd love to pick up a US exclusive and trade! Or if you're willing to sell one to me at whatever you pay for it just as a favor, that's fine too! :)

  • The Residents - B.S.
  • M - Pop Muzik
  • Chapterhouse - Whirlpool (The Original Recordings)
  • Acid Mothers Temple - Does The Cosmic Shepherd Dream Of Electric Tapirs?
  • Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks TP Replica

Last two on that UK list are up in the air, I'll know for sure if I want them before RSD though. Just please don't back out if the Discogs prices are high!

Edited by Squard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VinylMario said:

That Green Jellö looks to be a Clear w/Glow-In-The-Dark Splatter Vinyl gatefold. Don't like like gitd vinyl but I don't think the gitd splatter will affect the audio quality. Anyone have any experience with gitd splatter?

ooo, thats interesting though, where did you read this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VinylMario said:

That Green Jellö looks to be a Clear w/Glow-In-The-Dark Splatter Vinyl gatefold. Don't like like gitd vinyl but I don't think the gitd splatter will affect the audio quality. Anyone have any experience with gitd splatter?

I just got a GITD splatter record last week. I'll have to get back to you on that after I double check but to me it sounded a little more noisy than the others in the set (only 1 record out of 3 had the GITD splatter) but not by much. Was still very listenable and looks awesome too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×