RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

12 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

I got it for $24 this morning.  I would just keep refreshing on Discogs or maybe Ebay and one might pop up.  

damn congrats on that score of a deal! i have no desire to be price gouged for it and can't find anything close to that price range, will keep searching and hope more stock pops up online at some point or will just have to wait for another reissue.

8 minutes ago, iameasytofind said:

wow good for u. i got a copy from my local store saturday but i almost didnt because i thought with 8000 i still could have gotten it online the next day. im quite surprised by the number of people struggle to get a copy given the not-small quantity.

this is a great soundtrack and i love the movie (cover is a plus obviously) , but the jackets print quality isn't best, u get nothing else bsides from the record, no printed sleeve/download. also many people complain about their copies being warped. i would really think twice about paying more than $30 for it.

good to know, would hate to spend a ton on it and feel ripped off.

15 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

I'm wondering if a lot of these 8000 copy soundtracks were all distributed. 

I feel like every year a week or 2 after RSD Bullmoose tweets saying they can get more copies of such and such RSD release. I think thats where a lot of these are. 

is it like the end of "Radiers of the Lost Ark" and all the extra copies are stored in a giant warehouse never to be seen again?

49 minutes ago, EGsynergy said:

Yup, but it’s missing loads of songs. I have an orange copy from UO but I needed the rsd release for the missing tracks. Call your girlfriend (among others) is too good to pass up.

that's because pt 1 ,2 and 3 were ep's and body talk itself was the compilation of the best tracks of those eps plus extras

what the world needs now is a repress of her self titled

6 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Really? Where have those been so far? I didn't think this was a "RSD First" release but maybe I missed that bit.

Have seen it here: https://omegamusicdayton.tuneportals.com/AdvancedSearch?search_term=ghost+world&submit=Search

And also on a UK site that I am blanking on. 

9 minutes ago, mr. sincere said:

Looking for Ghost World, if anybody has any leads.

Also, I've seen a few preorders popping up for black and green versions. Anyone know for sure if this is being planned for a wider release? Would help an eventual decision to pay high prices on eBay/Discogs...

saw a bunch of copies of Ghost World at the Turntable Lab store yesterday late afternoon

9 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

2 copies of Robyn left ($45)  https://portofsoundrecords.com/collections/record-store-day-2019/products/body-talk?variant=21813765439593

He always marks up the sought after ones after RSD, but it's cheaper than most eBay prices.

Snagged one. I’ll have an extra if my amazon order goes through but I don’t have high hopes for that one.

1 hour ago, mr. sincere said:

Looking for Ghost World, if anybody has any leads.

Also, I've seen a few preorders popping up for black and green versions. Anyone know for sure if this is being planned for a wider release? Would help an eventual decision to pay high prices on eBay/Discogs...

Park Ave. Cd's in Orlando had like eight copies of that release this morning. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, I've had this one for a year, and it's the only disappointing thing about the new reissue of Body Talk. They rearranged the tracklist from the original pressing and now 7 of the 8 songs from Body Talk Pt. 1 are duplicated on the full-length reissue. 

For those of us who already bought BT Pt. 1 on vinyl, it would've been nice to have Time Machine, We Dance To The Beat, Get Myself Together, and In My Eyes from the original vinyl. And the single mix of Dancing On My Own, which I prefer actually. (The EP mix was duplicated on the new reissue.)

Still not gonna complain too much.... For $30 vs. $300 I'm immensely happy! But yeah, Robyn needs to come out with the S/T on vinyl already. (And maybe the other two BT EPs just for completion's sake.) 

Edited by filthyrich

21 minutes ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Park Ave. Cd's in Orlando had like eight copies of that release this morning. Hope that helps.

I got a push ad for GHOST WORLD on instagram, it seems like its available to order through Cinema Paradiso: https://www.cinemaparadisorecordings.com/shop?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg4aT08_S4QIVlshkCh2JewPkEAAYASAAEgLS_PD_BwE