Ludo - You're Awful, I Love You

natenomm

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2018 at 1:18 AM, sillybarry said:

is this worth it? I have "Love Me Dead" on the 2008 RSD Choice Cuts comp and to be honest that's the only song I remember from this album.

I've listened to the album at least 200 times since its release and I think the vinyl sounds fantastic. It's pricy at $43.50 shipped pre-tax (pretty sure the band had to fund everything to press it) so I'd only recommend it to someone who's a big fan based off the price tag.

• 2 months later...

I was fortunate to attend HalLUDOween 2018, where I picked up "You're Awful, I Love You" on vinyl (could not have been more stoked). I tried it out for the first time today (brand new, out of the shrink wrap) and noted two big problems. First, the spindle hole was so tight that, even after enlarging it with a screwdriver, I had to slip my hand underneath the record all the way to the spindle and lift up in order to not break the vinyl. Second, halfway through "Topeka" the track jarringly skips two bars. I replayed the track, thinking that it was my record player, but it did the exact same thing. Visually, there is nothing wrong with the program area, beside some light scratches from the sleeve. I have not yet listened through side B.

I love Ludo. I love that I own this record. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues.

1 hour ago, TomS said:

I was fortunate to attend HalLUDOween 2018, where I picked up "You're Awful, I Love You" on vinyl (could not have been more stoked). I tried it out for the first time today (brand new, out of the shrink wrap) and noted two big problems. First, the spindle hole was so tight that, even after enlarging it with a screwdriver, I had to slip my hand underneath the record all the way to the spindle and lift up in order to not break the vinyl. Second, halfway through "Topeka" the track jarringly skips two bars. I replayed the track, thinking that it was my record player, but it did the exact same thing. Visually, there is nothing wrong with the program area, beside some light scratches from the sleeve. I have not yet listened through side B.

I love Ludo. I love that I own this record. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues.

Can confirm mine didn't have any issues at all. I got mine from the webstore.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:11 PM, TomS said:

If you are using a cheap Crosley, or recent Audio Technica turntable, that is the problem.

You just have to invest in a well made deck that can track loud passages without skipping. ;)

50 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

Are they going downhill now? I got mine several years back.

I don’t know, but they had one of the cheaper Audio Technica tables at a listening station at Plan 9.

It skipped on everything. :unsure:

Also, WTMD was using one on their Beatles Day, and there was a skip from time to time on BRAND NEW records, they were playing a side at a time.

A good table does not skip that much, when set up correctly.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...