PO Soon: Less Than Jake - Anthem & B is for B Sides

snowynz

33 minutes ago, yeah_totally said:

Need a Rockview and Losing Streak repress to happen.

That's what I was just saying up there. They posted a photo of the 2016 version and were like "remember these". When someone asked how to get them the band responded "You can't". So I would say it's nowhere in the future cards.

4 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

That's what I was just saying up there. They posted a photo of the 2016 version and were like "remember these". When someone asked how to get them the band responded "You can't". So I would say it's nowhere in the future cards.

Yeah, guessing they licensed it for the 1,000 copies they repressed and that was it. Probably costs a lot to get another repress license from the label.

Whoa, they totally removed the pressing numbers on every bundle/variant.  Looks like they received way more orders and are increasing the pressing numbers.

The Ultra Mega Test Press bundle used to be limited to 10 and the Mega Bundle was limited to 20, those numbers are gone and the bundles are available again.  I bet some people will be upset about that lol.

Edited by mmhmm

3 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Whoa, they totally removed the pressing numbers on every bundle/variant.  Looks like they received way more orders and are increasing the pressing numbers.

The Ultra Mega Test Press bundle used to be limited to 10 and the Mega Bundle was limited to 20, those numbers are gone and the bundles are available again.  I bet some people will be upset about that lol.

They saw all that lucrative LTJ $$$$$

4 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Yeah they completely changed the terms under which people thought they were ordering--i.e. limited copies/bundles. Say what you will about that making sense from a business standpoint, that's going to upset some folks for sure.  

I obviously want the band to get their money, but to change the terms and pressing numbers is not a great idea.  They should have just pressed up different variants when the others sold out.

1 minute ago, Oblivions said:

This is why I stream collectible 90s/2000s ska punk records and purchase boring unpopular sad indie rock records that depreciate in value by 70% as soon as you click “Buy”. 

I see the sarcasm here but I've read this like three times and I'm still confused what you're trying to say by it lol.

I'm fine with them increasing it. I hate it when flippers see something and are able to take it away from fans. I realize I got the perfect job where I sit in front of a computer so I can grab these but not everyone can. It'll be the same ratio/rarity so nothing missing there. Not a fan of doing a 2nd press either since that just means variant collectors have to grab more copies and gives double opportunity for flippers.

Just now, tdogg241 said:

Lol at anyone who would freak out about their copy not being as limited as they thought anymore.  I'm just stoked to finally be able to add these to my collection.  People have been screaming for these for years, and now they're complaining?  Yeesh.

I totally agree, but I also can see people who bought a $270 test pressing bundle that was initially advertised as "limited to 10" and then changed to be unlimited after they ordered feeling like they spent $270 on something they didn't order.  

25 minutes ago, tdogg241 said:

Lol at anyone who would freak out about their copy not being as limited as they thought anymore.  I'm just stoked to finally be able to add these to my collection.  People have been screaming for these for years, and now they're complaining?  Yeesh.

I mean let’s be real, part of vinyl collection is holding value. I have boxes of cds not worth a shit in a basement. Modern Vinyl collection was a remedy to that while still being able to get your music and support the artist. The collector aspect is a selling point of all of this and if it wasn’t they wouldn’t advertise counts to entice sales. Yeah people want the music, but that is readily available and on MUCH more convenient platforms. 

Vinyl is roughly 200% more expensive than the CD that it came out on originally, it’s not a wild thought that someone wants that $30 to hold its value in 10 years rather than be worth .01 of its value like CDs now. You can get use out of the item and still look at it as an investment. That’s how vinyl has been for the last 10+ years. If they’re creating scarcity to drive you into purchasing so you can be one of the preset number to get it, the natural instinct is you’re getting something rare and of value. To take your money and remove the scarcity 5 mins later is bullshit. 

Edited by trainsaw