PO Soon: Less Than Jake - Anthem & B is for B Sides

snowynz

Anyone else find it odd that they are including a “solid gold” challenge coin in the formerly /10 package? What size must these be? Doing some quick math with the current bullion price of gold ($1751/oz) and the weight of a US dime (0.08 oz,) if the coin were the size and weight of a dime, the melt down value of the coin would be $140. 

8 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

It’s weird to me to that that was his response. So if that’s the logic, then Warner Bros is giving them an unlimited number they can press, or they fully reclaimed the rights. In either case, they should’ve used the same technique they used to garner that deal, with Capitol, and press more Losing Streak and Hello Rockview. Amirite??

Losing Streak and Hello Rockview are under Capitol Records.

Anthem is with Sire Records.

My assumption is they are unable to get the same deal with Capitol.

Edited by mmhmm

1 hour ago, mike said:

I've always bought records just cause I love records, and I also have stocks and property and shit. But if the Discogs collection value tally has taught me something it's that my records have actually been my best (accidental) investment (as far as return vs money put in). I personally think it's dumb to look at it as an investment, but if we're being real, I would do very well if I sold all my records today. My stocks and house haven't grown 5x to 10x in value in the past decade, but my Misfits 7"s certainly have. 

I don't disagree with this and I acknowledge my collection does have value (it won't when my kids sell it when I'm dead and they don't want this shit, if anyone wants this shit).  But yeah, its not an investment and if I bought every record asking my self if its gonna be worth something someday, then its not about the music.

Smartpunk have said on Insta that they are waiting to hear from the band about 

"hand numbered or limited items for those who ordered the /300 pressings first. Update to come soon""

"something a lot cooler than us hand numbering something"

What a shambles, hate to think how many test press bundles they've sold by now?

11 minutes ago, snowynz said:

"hand numbered or limited items for those who ordered the /300 pressings first. Update to come soon""

Band be like "but we do the special hand-screened covers thing after everything is sold out"

• 1 month later...

The listing Smartpunk has for B-Sides (still not sold out in the US) has updated press numbers as well for the original press, and mentions two more variants for a second press.

I'm guessing Anthem's numbers are the same or larger since that one is totally sold out, and will probably have similar style variants for a 2nd press.

Pressing Info:
First Pressing
Blue in Green (out of 650)
Yellow with Black Splatter (out of 700)
Transparent Green (out of 850)

Second Pressing
Half Yellow/Half Clear (out of 1000)
Black and Blue Color Melt (out of 700)

On 5/20/2020 at 5:19 PM, snowynz said:

Any update on this? Was randomly thinking about this a few days ago and somebody bumped this thread today so figured I'd ask. 

2 hours ago, kylet said:

Any update on this? Was randomly thinking about this a few days ago and somebody bumped this thread today so figured I'd ask. 

Havent heard anything yet?

Really dont understand why they didnt just stick with the original numbers, even after overselling? Easy fix

Looks like they've added extra pressings to accommodate the demand and just made up the numbers after the fact.

Be interesting to see what they do with the test pressing numbers

9 hours ago, marc32137 said:

The Anthem first press numbers are now updated, too. The original /300 is now /900. Still no word on anything special for those first 300 orders, right?

Nothing confirmed yet but its still in the works, Smartpunk are talking about limited merch items, screen printed posters or special limited records....

Special limited records seems a bit counter-intuitive right?