PO Soon: Less Than Jake - Anthem & B is for B Sides

snowynz

10 minutes ago, snowynz said:

Sweet! What variants did you get?

I only ordered Anthem, I got the red/flame yellow. One thing I noticed is the smart punk record is a gatefold and the European version isn't. I didn't expect that. Opening the gatefold now (as I type this) and it has a pack of matches in it! Super cool. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by tatom

1 hour ago, tatom said:

I only ordered Anthem, I got the red/flame yellow. One thing I noticed is the smart punk record is a gatefold and the European version isn't. I didn't expect that. Opening the gatefold now (as I type this) and it has a pack of matches in it! Super cool. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

did they send you tracking for it ? 

2 hours ago, tatom said:

Opening the gatefold now (as I type this) and it has a pack of matches in it! Super cool. 

Were you one of the original 300 preorders? I wonder if those matches are the "cool extra" they've been hyping but being very secretive about all year for the original 300 orders.

1 minute ago, kylet said:

Were you one of the original 300 preorders? I wonder if those matches are the "cool extra" they've been hyping but being very secretive about all year for the original 300 orders.

Pretty sure the first /300 were the colour in colour variant, its been a while though, dunno

Heres hoping they come up with something better than matches!?

8 hours ago, tatom said:

Very cool to see that the US ones were gatefold in the end. Roger teased an image from photoshop back March or April and it showed that Anthem was going to be gatefold. Was hoping at the time for a 2xLP haha. Nice touch with the matches. 

On 11/24/2020 at 2:11 PM, marc32137 said:

Latest email from them this past weekend said there are still more LTJ freight shipments coming this week.

At this rate, I'll be very surprised if anything shows up at my door before Christmas (and Smartpunk is only an hour away from me).

I was talking to Jordan at the end of last week, and he mentioned the last variant they were waiting on was supposed to arrive today.  Anything that wasn't a bundle/that variant started shipping last week. But since the bundles have the variant, they're still held up.

Edited by thenameisluigi

If anyone ordered the "transparent orange" through online retailers, SP recently added an image of the mockup to their website. It also mentions it's the 3rd press, standard jacket and calls the image "forever". Sounds like it'll be an unlimited press and won't be the gatefold version. Also would assume no matches for this version.

spacer.png

Edited by thenameisluigi

I stand corrected. From the latest email.

Two variants of the Less Than Jake records are set to finish at the pressing plant this coming Wednesday (12/2) and shipping to us after. These are the color-in-color variants, which also had a bit of a hang-up with the foil numbering. Did we ever mentioned that this edition were foiled number? 😃

I know many of the delays are beyond the control of Smartpunk, but could the communication possibly have been worse through this whole thing? Every email says “everything should be here this week” or “the last piece has shipped” until the next “update” says something completely contradictory. I know I will be happy I ordered when this arrives, but from the beginning when the initial pressing numbers went missing from the site and limited variants became unlimited, this whole thing has been a debacle. 
Sorry, rant over. And I know it can be worse, I lost money too during the whole TOYPAJ MTS ordeal, I just feel this could have been handled more professionally when a significant amount of people have funded this pressing with a not insignificant amount of money. 

14 hours ago, AWasteOfATime said:

the fact that im more confident that im going to get a new album from the band in december before im going to get the record I ordered in MAY 

On the plus side, from what I heard, the label actually has those in hand since the album was originally supposed to come out much earlier in the year 😂

Edited by thenameisluigi

23 hours ago, AWasteOfATime said:

the fact that im more confident that im going to get a new album from the band in december before im going to get the record I ordered in MAY 

This is exactly how I feel. I have a pre-order list to keep track of things and I moved this one below the new album despite keeping the original August 28th date pinned to it.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:32 PM, kas1985 said:

I know many of the delays are beyond the control of Smartpunk, but could the communication possibly have been worse through this whole thing? Every email says “everything should be here this week” or “the last piece has shipped” until the next “update” says something completely contradictory. I know I will be happy I ordered when this arrives, but from the beginning when the initial pressing numbers went missing from the site and limited variants became unlimited, this whole thing has been a debacle. 
Sorry, rant over. And I know it can be worse, I lost money too during the whole TOYPAJ MTS ordeal, I just feel this could have been handled more professionally when a significant amount of people have funded this pressing with a not insignificant amount of money. 

I had this conversation with them on twitter. Told them that the people waiting for the record don't appreciate email subjects like "Smartpunk learns to email good" with an LTJ update buried in 4 paragraphs of smartpunk shit and that we just want a "LTJ Order Update" email with 1 paragraph about when to expect records.

I sent them a couple examples like OWTH Live album. Should send them the Descendents Suffrage update from KRM.