PO Soon: Less Than Jake - Anthem & B is for B Sides

snowynz

3 hours ago, yeah_totally said:

Got my /300 Anthem today from smartpunk

*Spoilers for those who wanna be surprised *

comes with a 12x12 screen print of the cover, matchbook, and is numbered by a gold foil stamp on the backcover. 

The gold foil part applies to every copy of that particular variant (color in color blob, ended up being around 900 for that one if I remember right). And then the art print applies to the "first 300". Not 100% on whether that's the first 300 orders period, or first 300 of each variant. There's also a couple extra things SP mentioned for people that bought the big bundles.

Edited by thenameisluigi

Anybody else order the mega bundle? So much disappointment and I haven't even opened the records yet. There's 115 "test presses" AKA black vinyl versions with no labels. And even though I ordered the mega bundle with the 3 1st press versions (color doesn't matter so much to me) and test presses, I ended up with a 2nd press in my order. Hoping its a mistake and they can correct it, but interested to see if anyone else who ordered the mega bundle got 2nd press copies.

2 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Anybody else order the mega bundle? So much disappointment and I haven't even opened the records yet. There's 115 "test presses" AKA black vinyl versions with no labels. And even though I ordered the mega bundle with the 3 1st press versions (color doesn't matter so much to me) and test presses, I ended up with a 2nd press in my order. Hoping its a mistake and they can correct it, but interested to see if anyone else who ordered the mega bundle got 2nd press copies.

So glad I cancelled mine...115 wow. There was like 20-30 initially.

My favorite recent test press story is how the ‘test press’ copies of the new Matt Berninger album were produced and arrived with a delay AFTER every other variant was produced and delivered. Risky move to not get your test presses and check for audio flaws until after the entire run of vinyl is finished. 😁

39 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Confirmed they sent me the wrong variant.

Are all 900 of the color in color #ed? Or just the first 300? Did only the first 300 get the screenprint?

All 900 of the color in color version are numbered, and not sure if its first 300 orders get it, or if it was the first 300 of each bundle.

Finally got mine. Right variants on each, but no additional stuff. I know I got my order in with the first 300, but mine are numbered 396, and I’m bummed I didn’t get that alt artwork. At this point I’m just glad to have these goddamn records.

I just hope none of my favorite acts work with this dumb label again. The amount of buffoonery surrounding this release is top notch garbage. I knew the second that I saw it was smartpunk that this shitshow would blow chunks and be late, but never thought it’d be this flurry of misinformation and bad service. Fingers crossed that these pressings don’t sound as bad as some earlier reviews I’ve read.

Mine are still "label printed awaiting whatever" since 12/13.  I sent a nice understanding email to SP regarding any type of movement or explanation as to why they have been sitting there for 9 days, but to no avail.  I get its holidays and its busier than ever, but there is no excuse to mark something shipped and have it sit there.