PO Soon: Less Than Jake - Anthem & B is for B Sides

snowynz

16 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

Not too surprising those ended up being first to arrive. Most of FAT's euro variants have been showing up almost a month (or more)  before the US versions. I ended up ordering the UK versions too, so I'll get a chuckle if they arrive to me in the US before SP gets the US variants.

Most of Fat's records are pressed in Europe and because of the decrease in flights between Europe and the US they're being shipped from Europe to the US by boat and then on a truck to Fat from the port. The situation would potentially be different for every label though I think most go through Pirates Press/GZ.

21 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Most of Fat's records are pressed in Europe and because of the decrease in flights between Europe and the US they're being shipped from Europe to the US by boat and then on a truck to Fat from the port. The situation would potentially be different for every label though I think most go through Pirates Press/GZ.

My point exactly. Pretty sure most of Fat's stuff is through Pirate's Press, and almost everything LTJ have put out in recent years has been pressed by them as well.

13 hours ago, thenameisluigi said:

My point exactly. Pretty sure most of Fat's stuff is through Pirate's Press, and almost everything LTJ have put out in recent years has been pressed by them as well.

What I'm saying is that while these records are pressed in Europe, it's up to the individual label how they get to the US AKA whether or not they're going to pay the exorbitant prices to have them flown over, but also where they end up in the US. Fat's stuff gets shipped to LA and then trucked to SF. That's a shorter trip than if Smartpunk's stuff ends up in LA and has to get trucked to Orlando, or faster if they fly it from there.

23 hours ago, 3evils said:

Amazon US is selling the red/yellow split variant. Says it will ship out nov20. 

thanks for this, I didn't wanted to order these solely based on nostalgia factor, but I'm relistening B is for B-Sides after like 5+ years and it is still the best LTJ "album", so ordered both from importcds, which came out 60 bucks with intl shipping, not too bad.

also B is listed as "Limited transparent blue vinyl LP pressing" which is strange cause there is no mention of this color on the smartpunk site.

Edited by xfactor675

On 10/19/2020 at 7:45 AM, 3evils said:

I’m guessing it’s the UK variant (trans blue with black splatter)

Not sure about that. This is what the shop in St. Pete shows when you look up the upcoming releases. Same clear orange Anthem and clear blue B-Sides shows up for some other retailers including Popmarket. The UK B-Sides isn't clear blue, it's solid blue with some black swirl.

spacer.png

On 10/24/2020 at 12:08 AM, thenameisluigi said:

Not sure about that. This is what the shop in St. Pete shows when you look up the upcoming releases. Same clear orange Anthem and clear blue B-Sides shows up for some other retailers including Popmarket. The UK B-Sides isn't clear blue, it's solid blue with some black swirl.

spacer.png

You're right. Was wondering about this too a couple of pages back because I haven't seen a clear orange mockup anywhere but seen it on online retail sites. Thought it was the one with the splatter, hard to see if it's clear/trans in the mockup.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:59 PM, shenanigans said:

Smartpunk posted on twitter the other day. Would sure be nice if they sent an email update to those who pre-ordered rather than a "This record is delayed" a month after it was supposed to be released.

I wish they'd give us direct updates too. They've mentioned it a few times in their normal email subscriptions, but I think they've only mentioned it to people that ordered once via  direct email. There was an email yesterday or the day before and it basically said hey, the record plants are shipping one variant at a time, so we won't have everything for a bit still.

Edited by thenameisluigi

9 hours ago, xen0m0rph said:

Guess that means more waiting time  then 

And based on them getting "some" at a time, the bigger the package you ordered the longer you're going to be waiting. Had a long discussion with them yesterday basically asking why it's so hard for them to send an email with the subject "Less Than Jake Updates" to tell everyone what's going on rather than posting cryptic shit on twitter and buring half updates in 4 paragraphs of newsletter with the subject "smartpunk learns to email good"

Most recent Smartpunk email (from yesterday) says they're getting the rest of the Anthem/B-Sides  sometime next week and will start shipping asap. So looks like everyone should start getting their bundles some time around Thanksgiving? Or any record that wasn't the UK versions, or yellow/black splatter B-Sides.

• 2 weeks later...