Po soon : Foxy Shazam - Foxy Shazam

gazzo

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

we need a "introducing" repress. had a copy and sold it like a dummy. album is so good.

I too, sold mine like a dummy for like $5.  I had 3 copies, because Virgil kept throwing them in my Suburban Home orders along with Heavy Heavy Low Low.  Sadly, I don't have any left.  Those were the days.

1 hour ago, skidroje said:

I too, sold mine like a dummy for like $5.  I had 3 copies, because Virgil kept throwing them in my Suburban Home orders along with Heavy Heavy Low Low.  Sadly, I don't have any left.  Those were the days.

I recently went down a Discogs rabbit hole that included looking up all those represses SH/VC did at their peak and it's crazy how many of those albums go for money now. I straight up *gave away* at least 2 of those Heavy Heavy Low Low records to people who bought stuff from me, I had a ton of those Ferret titles from buying a few grab bag type things near the end that I probably ended up taking to the record store with other unsellable stuff, now most of them are $50+. Same with the Co-op releases, as much of a clusterfuck as that was. Definitely would not have predicted that when Virgil dropped off the face of the earth and the guy from Deathwish was on here making Fuck You Pay Me threads.

30 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

I recently went down a Discogs rabbit hole that included looking up all those represses SH/VC did at their peak and it's crazy how many of those albums go for money now. I straight up *gave away* at least 2 of those Heavy Heavy Low Low records to people who bought stuff from me, I had a ton of those Ferret titles from buying a few grab bag type things near the end that I probably ended up taking to the record store with other unsellable stuff, now most of them are $50+. Same with the Co-op releases, as much of a clusterfuck as that was. Definitely would not have predicted that when Virgil dropped off the face of the earth and the guy from Deathwish was on here making Fuck You Pay Me threads.

I can't believe some of those prices now for that stuff.  It was like every order contained Foxy Shazaam, Heavy Heavy Low Low, Tim Barry, Joey Cape,  Lizzie Huffman, Yesterday's Ring, Sparta- Threes, In The Red, Useless ID, and lord, those Every Time I Die and Boys Night Out- Make Yourself Sick represses.  I'm making myself sick thinking about it, as the only thing I have left is the orange Delicious Vinyl comp and that Enablers EP.

11 minutes ago, etphonehome said:

Grabbed a splatter as well.  I’m so glad this finally got pressed, such a fun album.  No idea how they never got huge after this album came out.

I thought the exact same thing after Welcome To The Church... was released.  They must have been terribly mismanaged.  That, and the Gonzo album sucked.

3 minutes ago, jmpatrick said:

I thought the exact same thing after Welcome To The Church... was released.  They must have been terribly mismanaged.  That, and the Gonzo album sucked.

I thought Gonzo was ok but it’s missing a lot of that energy you expect from a foxy album.  Now if we can only get a Flamingo Trigger pressing and if I can ever find a copy of the I Like It 7” I’ll have a full Foxy collection!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...