Vinyl Browsing Web App - The recent arrivals bin of the internet.

https://other.supply

I posted something like this a while back but decided to take it down and try it again from another angle. The current setup is sort of a "browse recent updates from online retailers" kind of thing. It's like those recent arrivals bins at your favorite shop. Currently it gets updates from amazon, newbury, srcvinyl, urban-outfitters and bullmoose (many more to come) and shows the most recently modified first. Additionally, you can search and see what's happening. It's not perfect. I'll make it better but it is a fun little time and money waster that I thought was worth sharing.

12 minutes ago, slipcraig said:

I love this! Thank you.

You're welcome! I've already found some pretty good deals just browsing while working. I've added Insound and Barnes and Noble to the mix. Waiting for Amazon API approval to get slightly better results from them. 

Appreciate all the source recommendations! Going to get them added one by one. I also like the idea of adding label stores. Not just about finding the cheapest option but also who you want to give your money to.

• 1 year later...

Still slogging away on this app and in case anyone is interested in updates, there's a new feature I thought I'd share.

You can now save or "pin" certain records to the top of the list. Now when you come back you'll see a few at the very top that you've been watching and then below that, you'll see all the recently updated records from around the internet.

Also, if there's something you search for that's not in my database, I'll do an extra search for it to see if I can find it somewhere. The headline, better search based on what you're looking for. That's it. Still a fun project for me to work on so I'll keep going no matter what but features and functionality that you'd like to see are always welcomed as feedback.

Check it out at http://other.supply

On 12/4/2018 at 6:23 PM, deftbarley said:

Maybe I'll add a bunch directly from labels

Obv you would have tons on that list if you drill down to label level, but if you do i'd specifically like to see:

• polyvinyl
  • subpop
  • 4AD
  • graveface
  • nonesuch
  • sony
  • dirty hit
  • big scary monsters
  • lauren records
  • asian man records

52 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Obv you would have tons on that list if you drill down to label level, but if you do i'd specifically like to see:

• polyvinyl
  • subpop
  • 4AD
  • graveface
  • nonesuch
  • sony
  • dirty hit
  • big scary monsters
  • lauren records
  • asian man records

Awesome. Rough Trade is next on my list. I rewrote the entire API to be able to easier add more stores. Anything that I can get an api response to allows me to add way faster. VinylMePlease being one. Otherwise I have to write a custom scraper and they take a little longer and go out of date.

2 hours ago, deftbarley said:

Awesome. Rough Trade is next on my list. I rewrote the entire API to be able to easier add more stores. Anything that I can get an api response to allows me to add way faster. VinylMePlease being one. Otherwise I have to write a custom scraper and they take a little longer and go out of date.

Yep, I completely understand