PO: La Dispute - Panorama

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's because I'm not the same as I was in 2011 but I feel like the new songs are recycled content and they don't offer anything new for me. I'm not excited or interested in this new record which says a lot because Wildlife was my favorite album for years and I like everything they've put out through Rooms of the House.

I personally thought some of the vocal mixing on the last MwY album to be oddly low as well but this is just absurd. I’m all for this band toning down the focus on the lyrics and vocal delivery in favor of instrumentation but I honestly can hardly make out any of the words. 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

This is like complaining about getting more money. 

They used to be my favorite band. I saw them a lot up through the release tour for Rooms of the House and you could tell everything went to Jordan's head. The last time I saw them full band it was a terrible performance and his ego was too much. I'm not surprised at all they got lazy on this one. Everything so far sounds like leftover ROTH material. I guess most people don't see that?

Edited by N8TRU1

1 hour ago, N8TRU1 said:

They used to be my favorite band. I saw them a lot up through the release tour for Rooms of the House and you could tell everything went to Jordan's head. The last time I saw them full band it was a terrible performance and his ego was too much. I'm not surprised at all they got lazy on this one. Everything so far sounds like leftover ROTH material. I guess most people don't see that?

Fools will defend 'em but you're right. They lost their teeth.

The last time I saw them was opening for Thrice on their To Be Everywhere tour and it was so fucking lifeless and disappointing. Even the one (maybe two?) old sons they played were completely sapped of energy. King Park was a shell of what it was when I used to see them on the heels of Wildlife being released... and that's not even mentioning the tiny, 75-cap venues they were playing in the Vancouver and River days... Those were some of the best fucking shows ever.

When you play King Park live and it has no soul, something has gone terribly, terribly wrong.

I like the new songs more than anything on Rooms, but short of the Woman tracks, that's not saying much. But hey, at least this song has basically the same drum patterns as woman, right?...Right?

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Really digging the horns in "Rhodonite and Grief".  I haven't been disappointed by any of these, and I think it's exactly the tone and sound that the band is going for so..... Also, those music videos are straight up amazing. Incredible artwork, and does a great job of enhancing the storytelling. Stoked for this new album.