PO NOW Ex:Re - Ex:Re (Elena Tonra of Daughter)

Couldn't find any threads for it but if memory serves Daughter have had threads for each of their last albums and their soundtrack for before the storm was quite sought after on RSD last year so I figured a bunch of you would be interested in this. Digitally dropped 30/12/18. Vinyl expected in February. I've already listened to it a few times through and it's great.

Image result for ex:re

Here's the blurb:

Elena Tonra, guitarist, vocalist and lyricist of Daughter with her solo project. Running parallel to Daughter, she’s assumed the pseudonym Ex:Re (pronounced ex ray) for her eponymously-titled debut solo album, a deeply personal record that was made with both a sense of urgency and a cathartic need.

Tonra’s candid solo songs document the time after a relationship ended and are written like unsent letters to herself and others. Taking on a creative moniker, she chose Ex:Re to mean ‘regarding ex’ and also X-Ray as a way to look inside and see what is really there. Writing took a year but the recording process lasted mere months, turning to Fabian Prynn (4AD’s in-house engineer and producer) and composer Josephine Stephenson on cello to help bring Ex:Re to life.

Elena said of the album, “Although the record is written for someone, a lot of the time it’s about the space without that person in it. In every scenario, there's either the person in memory or the noticeable absence of that person in the present moment. I suppose it is a break-up record, however I do not talk about the relationship at all, and he hardly features in the scenes. He is only felt as a ghostly presence.”

LP - Black Vinyl with Download and Bonus CD.

LP+ - Rough Trade Exclusive. Limited Blue Coloured Vinyl with Download and Bonus CD. This is the only Coloured Vinyl Version Available.

UK Preorder: https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/music/ex-re-ex-re
US Preorder: https://www.roughtrade.com/us/music/ex-re-ex-re

Edited by Stress On The Sky

20 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

No worries. I'm curious as to what goodies will be on the bonus CD and after listening three times start to finish ended up going for the blue with the cd even though this is totally the wrong side of Christmas.

Yeah, I’m curious as well.  $29 PPD for a single LP is a little meh, but being as it’s through Rough Trade, this shouldn’t be charged until it ships in February, right?

• 1 month later...

Just got word from Rough Trade my copy is en route so may actually get it before the Friday release date. Possibly getting this before overseas folk so will try and update you guys regarding the content of the bonus cd, I'm guessing it'll be some live recordings. May update on sound quality but I'm far from an audiophile so take my words/recommendation at your own peril.

2 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Just got word from Rough Trade my copy is en route so may actually get it before the Friday release date. Possibly getting this before overseas folk so will try and update you guys regarding the content of the bonus cd, I'm guessing it'll be some live recordings. May update on sound quality but I'm far from an audiophile so take my words/recommendation at your own peril.

Did you order the blue one?

Just now, freverend said:

Did you order the blue one?

Yes I did, was listed as LP+ on the rough trade website with a bonus cd. I'm based in the UK so it may be that people overseas may be waiting a little longer but I don't know. I'm guessing it'll get there tomorrow or Wednesday based on previous experiences with Rough Trade.

Didnt get this as early as i anticipated but have it in hand now. CD is an EP taken from a live set at Hoxton Hall on 28.11.18.

1. The Dazzler

2. Liar

3. My Heart

4. I Can't Keep You

Cant really speak to the sound quality til Sunday as im away from home atm.