PO Now: King Diamond - Songs For The Dead (Live)

Went to see the guy live when he came through and it was almost a joke. He played for like 30 minutes while constantly having song requests from the crowd, the majority of which he admitted to either  not being capable of playing or attempted to but failed to remember lyrics. Then at some point he prompted anyone to come onstage to play a song, while he went behind stage, then shouted obscenities toward this one dude who came up but couldn't figure it out and finally messed his whole tuning up. Upon returning whiskied and blazed out, he returned to play some stuff on the piano but after one track was unable to perform and just called it a night.

In some ways I understand it all ties into his image and he didn't fail to put on a 'show' but one would expect the artist to actually perform, instead of half-assing most of the set.

/rant

*Edit. Shit. I was in a similarly tired state as the dude described above and was for certain this was a King Dude release. Nevermind haha

Edited by JoshuaNilk

3 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

Went to see the guy live when he came through and it was almost a joke. He played for like 30 minutes while constantly having song requests from the crowd, the majority of which he admitted to either  not being capable of playing or attempted to but failed to remember lyrics. Then at some point he prompted anyone to come onstage to play a song, while he went behind stage, then shouted obsceniteis toward this one dude who came up but couldn't figure it out and finally messed his whole tuning up. Upon returning whiskied and blazed out, he returned to play some stuff on the piano but after one track was unable to perform and just called it a night.

In some ways I understand it all ties into his image and he didn't fail to put on a 'show' but one would expect the artist to actually perform, instead of half-assing most of the set.

/rant

*Edit. Shit. I was in a similarly tyred state as the dude described above and was for certain this was a King Dude release. Nevermind haha

Okay... so this was about King Dude? I guess I don't want to see him live.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:42 AM, ExtraFox said:

I didn't even know Benigans sold records!

giphy.gif

Seriously...this release is annoying me because there's about 15 different variants and none of them were available on Amazon.