PO Now: American Football - LP3 (3/22/2019)

zaoza

6 hours ago, jonnywreck said:

Great song, but does anyone else get thrown off by the “lack”of production on Mike’s voice in contrast with Hayley’s? Her voice just sounds drenched effects and it kind of kills it for me.

I thought mikes vocals were fine tbh. I personally loved the way Haley was singing in that first verse and bridge, it sounded so much like Cocteau Twins with the distant echo and delay. Then she kinda goes all out in the chorus and it goes straight Paramore from there. If she could have kept it low and buried the whole song I would have loved it. 

Edited by Tommy

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Then she kinda goes all out in the chorus and it goes straight Paramore from there.

Aww man, don’t say that.  Painful to read.  Haven’t heard it but I’m hoping there’s a little hyperbole in your post – we don’t need ZayZay crawling out of the woodworks and into this thread.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, Tommy said:

searched all over for a stream of Uncomfortably Numb, found it https://mexedi.net/music/zarubejnie/zar_2018/15148-american-football-uncomfortably-numb-feat-hayley-williams-2018.html

Save some of ya'll the frustration of finding it. Its real good

I can’t feel a thing inside.

I blamed my father in my youth.

Now as a father, I blame the booze

Thank you for posting.

I was on the fence about pre-ordering , but then I heard this...

In for the double 180 gram, for the best sound quality.

Was tempted to buy the splatter though, because it looks SO PRETTY! :lol:

Edited by Plarocks

On 12/21/2018 at 7:25 AM, Tommy said:

I thought mikes vocals were fine tbh. I personally loved the way Haley was singing in that first verse and bridge, it sounded so much like Cocteau Twins with the distant echo and delay. Then she kinda goes all out in the chorus and it goes straight Paramore from there. If she could have kept it low and buried the whole song I would have loved it. 

Don’t get me wrong - I liked both parts, I just felt Mike’s vocals were a little more dry than Hayley’s, production-wise. I guess I shouldn’t have used “lack of,” but whatever. I definitely don’t think anyone should put off listening - it’s a great song, I was more so just making an observation.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught Owen in Portland in December and it was amazing. It was a treat to find out about the new album a couple weeks later. LP 2 was amazing and digging the new single. I purchased the CD with the album release show tickets and pumped for the show in Chicago. 

Edited by jtoth000

On 1/7/2019 at 6:05 PM, glass realms said:

the deluxe black vinyl edition is the only double LP format version of the album. All the other (coloured) vinyl variants are single LP. 

I prefer my cuts deep, LOUD and across several sides.

I know I have to get up every 10 minutes, but I love the sound.

I can also record it onto a High Bias cassette! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DiscoJon said:

Wtf is up with that pricing...

Edit: NVM. Looks like it's because general admission only isn't for sale yet for my date.

Edited by Ishtar