PO Now: American Football - LP3 (3/22/2019)

zaoza

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

Looks like newbury has an exclusive pressing limited to 300... clear w/ light blue splatter.

A little more $$$ than the pink I ordered. Also not sure the pressing numbers on the pink (500?), but there seems to be only 80 or so left on their site.

Interesting.  I still prefer the light blue/red splatter from PV, but this nice.  It's also weird seeing Newbury offer an exclusive press on an album yet to release.

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

You mean the game where people actually use their feet on the ball instead of the game that is called football but people only kick the ball in like the two instances where that's allowed?

WOAH!!!!!!! omg i never put that together before :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you should take this show on the road !!! this material is GOLD

10 minutes ago, rooks said:

WOAH!!!!!!! omg i never put that together before :lol::lol::lol::lol:

you should take this show on the road !!! this material is GOLD

I'll call it Andrew Elliott's low hanging fruit tour. Featuring such world defining observations as:

- When you're a grown up you always have a drawer of spare cables for electronic devices you threw out decades ago JUST IN CASE

- Toasters only have two settings: Charcoal or warm bread

- What's the deal with Airline food?

and more

tickets $30 a head playing at your local town hall/olive garden parking lot

Edited by Stress On The Sky

7 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

You mean the game where people actually use their feet on the ball instead of the game that is called football but people only kick the ball in like the two instances where that's allowed?

"KiCk AnD fOoT aRe ThE sAmE wOrD"

Kickball fans are hilarious.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, Gilderoy said:

Did you order from Polyvinyl directly?

Yes, but let's not all get excited  just yet - I followed up with an email given the extremely early date and it was indeed a mistake. I ordered some t-shirts a week or so back off that $15 sale and I guess the wires got crossed somewhere along the line.

25 minutes ago, zdkaiser said:

Anybody see the 2xLP 45rpm version of LP3 at retailers other than the label's shop? Trying to find it cheaper than $35 plus shipping.

Bullmoose - $33.97 shipped

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29034238/american-football-american-football-lp3-2xlp-180-gram-vinyl-w-download-card

On 1/22/2019 at 5:38 PM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Portland tickets don't go on sale until Friday unfortunately (except the bundles).

I didn’t see that they are playing Wonder Ballroom until now. Daaaaaamn, I’m going to have to go. I’m not sure if they updated that place or if their sound guy is a wizard, but every show I have seen there in the past year has been on point. 

12 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I didn’t see that they are playing Wonder Ballroom until now. Daaaaaamn, I’m going to have to go. I’m not sure if they updated that place or if their sound guy is a wizard, but every show I have seen there in the past year has been on point. 

I don't know what the most recent show I saw there was, but I did see TGUK, and StD on their respective tours the last few years, sounded good both those times I went there.

Edit: TGUK was at Hawthorne

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

6 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Anyone knows who's opening their spring tour? I'm coincidentally gonna be in Brooklyn the same night as AF's Brooklyn show, and I'm thinking about bailing on family obligations and buying a ticket.

Just do it, who cares who is opening?!? I really enjoyed them in Tampa last year.