PO Now: American Football - LP3 (3/22/2019)

zaoza

7 minutes ago, turk99 said:

I used to think like this. Now I leave her home and go to shows by myself. Do it once, and you’ll realize it’s best for everyone. 

I feel like Scott goes to a million shows so he’s gotta be familiar with a solo outing. He’s on a family trip of sorts though so I understand not wanting to sneak off on his own.

The 320 rip (107 MB) that surfaced this morning is absolutely a transcode.  Don’t waste your bandwidth or hope on it like I did.  I’m really antsy to hear this thing... I think I’ve shoved it to the back of my mind because the end of March felt so far away, but now the hype is bubbling up to the surface.

42 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The 320 rip (107 MB) that surfaced this morning is absolutely a transcode.  Don’t waste your bandwidth or hope on it like I did.  I’m really antsy to hear this thing... I think I’ve shoved it to the back of my mind because the end of March felt so far away, but now the hype is bubbling up to the surface.

Since streaming got so easy and my record collection got bigger I've been way better at holding off for release dates, but this is a test. Thanks for the heads up about the 320 rip, that would have got me to cave I think!

4 minutes ago, Mattallurgist said:

Since streaming got so easy and my record collection got bigger I've been way better at holding off for release dates, but this is a test. Thanks for the heads up about the 320 rip, that would have got me to cave I think!

I would’ve been all over it.  I’ve slowly gotten better at holding off on leaks, especially if it’s just a week early.  But (practically) a month?  That’s a tall order.  Most of us pre-ordered with haste so I have no guilt about keeping the thread in the loop if something of quality shows up early enough.

1 hour ago, Mattallurgist said:

Hold the line, brother. I'll be waiting to get this record in the mail to listen to anything more than the first single. I believe in you! Derek seems like he's already given up on holding out, but you can do it!

I know this is going to sound nerdy as hell, but as someone who’s a little ritualistic with the first listen of new albums I’m hyped on, I really like to kick back and give them as much of my full attention as I can.  To add to the immersion, I recently got a hold of a few LIFX smart bulbs and have been programming them to reflect the album art or packaging of albums that I listen to.  It really helps to bathe the room in as much atmosphere as possible, and switching the lights back to normal when the album ends really heightens the “whoa” experience.  I’ve already got LP3 dialed in and it’s a beaut.