PO Now: American Football - LP3 (3/22/2019)

zaoza

2 hours ago, GradedOnACurve said:

Wish I sprung for the BSM variant. Definitely into this more than LP2 and a very much needed album in my life right now.

Move to Canada. After shipping costs euro releases are the same price as US releases. I ordered from PV and BSM and paid the same price for both. 

Finally listening to this and ive gotta say, it isn't grabbing me the way LP2 did. The second half has started out strong, and I'm hoping it's just a slow burner for me, but from what everyone else was saying I think I expected more.

Could also be that I just finished listening to Snail Mail's Lush which knocked my tits right off.

Edit: second half of this record really saved it for me.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, none actually.  It is a beaut and I’m still clicking with this record pretty well.  Getting the most mileage I can out of it while the weather is still chilly.

Yeah dude, I've noticed the NC variant is very thick, almost feels 200g. Same for you? Also got my pink in, sounds fantastic

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yeah dude, I've noticed the NC variant is very thick, almost feels 200g. Same for you? Also got my pink in, sounds fantastic

Mine didn’t seem noticeably thicker than usual, but maybe my brain is playing tricks on me since the only other LP3 I have is the deluxe 180 gram.  I’ve never had a flimsy or half-assed Newbury pressing, so there’s at least that going for them.

Do those Earlybird PV splatters sounds good?  If so, it seems like every possibly variant of this record is quality on the turntable.  Really cool to hear.

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Mine didn’t seem noticeably thicker than usual, but maybe my brain is playing tricks on me since the only other LP3 I have is the deluxe 180 gram.  I’ve never had a flimsy or half-assed Newbury pressing, so there’s at least that going for them.

Do those Earlybird PV splatters sounds good?  If so, it seems like every possibly variant of this record is quality on the turntable.  Really cool to hear.

My EB splatter sounds pretty incredible.

1 hour ago, Burkazoid said:

The latest episode of the Washed Up Emo podcast has Mike and Nate talking through each track on the album: http://www.washedupemo.com/listen (includes the code names for each track 😄)

I had never heard of this podcast but thank you for directing me to another interview/piece of media that Jeff Rosenstock participated in and somehow passed me by until now

• 1 month later...

The band is doing an auction for a test pressing of LP3

"In response to the sad and scary events of this week concerning reproductive rights, we’re auctioning off a signed test press of LP3 and donating 100% of proceeds to Arc Southeast (https://www.arc-southeast.org)"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283488024403?fbclid=IwAR2-ahiJ9f8GZQo5ey9azpjnaCyU4vQt8b3V4yV6YvY3aJPSeBkXcRiE1MY

Edited by coolio
grammar