PO Now: American Football - LP3 (3/22/2019)

zaoza

3 minutes ago, coolio said:

The band is doing an auction for a test pressing of LP3

"In response to the sad and scary events of this week concerning reproductive rights, we’re auctioning off a signed test press of LP3 and donating 100% of proceeds to Arc Southeast (https://www.arc-southeast.org)"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283488024403?fbclid=IwAR2-ahiJ9f8GZQo5ey9azpjnaCyU4vQt8b3V4yV6YvY3aJPSeBkXcRiE1MY

It's as if the state has no business being involved in what we do with our own bodies, check books, or living situations 🤔. Good on AF for voluntarily doing something to support their views, I wish more people would do that instead of advocating for more statism (which usually bites them in the ass in the long run).

53 minutes ago, coolio said:

The band is doing an auction for a test pressing of LP3

"In response to the sad and scary events of this week concerning reproductive rights, we’re auctioning off a signed test press of LP3 and donating 100% of proceeds to Arc Southeast (https://www.arc-southeast.org)"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283488024403?fbclid=IwAR2-ahiJ9f8GZQo5ey9azpjnaCyU4vQt8b3V4yV6YvY3aJPSeBkXcRiE1MY

Holy shit that price already.  Wow.  Good on them getting that money for a good cause.

• 2 years later...
46 minutes ago, satoshi said:

TTT is recording a new LP.  I believe Evan was posting stuff on IG awhile ago. Doesnt look like Kinsella is involved though. Which bums me out alot. The studio footage that was shown had Jared from Hidden Hospitals (and previous one of the like hundred versions of Damiera that Evan also played in) playing drums in studio. Jared is awesome at drumming but idk. Kinsella just plays differently on the kit and comes up with interesting things as a result. Things that like, i personally value in T/T/T. But hey we will see what happens with it though. I'm kind of a Matt Frank fanboy myself. So im probably in regardless.

Edited by buddha4281

https://bsmrocks.com/collections/home-page/products/american-football-rare-symmetry-fade-into-you-10

300 x Frosted Clear with Blue and Pink Splatter

700 x Eco-Mix

This is a pre-order. Ships on/around June 10th 2022.

On this Rare Symmetry / Fade Into You 10, American Football (Mike Kinsella, Nate Kinsella, Steve Holmes) expand on the dense beauty of LP3 with Rare Symmetry, incorporating chiming vibraphones, intricate picking patterns, and devastating lyrics.

For the B-side, the band offers up a dazzling cover of Mazzy Star’s 1994 hit single, Fade Into You with Miya Folick contributing vocals. Both tracks feature the iconic, jazz-infused drumming of former founding member Steve Lamos, who played on these songs before announcing his departure earlier this year.

This 10” is available on a BSM webstore exclusive  Frosted Clear with Blue and Pink Splatter vinyl and/or an Eco-Mix variant and a mnust have for completists and American Football lovers everywhere.

Tracklisting

1. Rare Symmetry

2. Fade Into You

3 hours ago, MacDonals said:

I know this is the state of things, but my this is going to make me scale down my pre-orders.

It’s absolutely made me scale down my preorders. It makes it a lot easier to determine what is a necessary buy and what isn’t. If I really enjoy it, I’ll buy it closer to release. And I feel bad contributing to the buildup sometimes lol 

3 hours ago, MacDonals said:

I know this is the state of things, but my this is going to make me scale down my pre-orders.

June 10th is closer to a 6 month PO than the usual 8-9 months we've been seeing.  Half a year still sucks, and I'm not trying to dismiss the whole "just wait until release date is around the corner" approach, but it's worth noting that June 2022 is still closer than a lot of POs offer up these days.  I'd love for the ~9 month waits to be behind us but that's probably being too optimistic at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

It’s absolutely made me scale down my preorders. It makes it a lot easier to determine what is a necessary buy and what isn’t. If I really enjoy it, I’ll buy it closer to release. And I feel bad contributing to the buildup sometimes lol 

Same, I actually had this and a few other Owen variants in my cart totaling $60 and eventually just logged out. I’m fine just waiting on the pink when the time comes

Edited by satoshi

14 minutes ago, satoshi said:

Same, I actually had this and a few other Owen variants in my cart totaling $60 and eventually just logged out. I’m fine just waiting on the pink when the time comes

Yeahhhhh. I'll just wait for a sale. I just can't convince myself $20 for two songs is at all worth it.