PO Now - Misery Index - Rituals of Power LP, release data March 8, 2019

Misery Index - Rituals of Power

Preorders available:

https://www.indiemerch.com/miseryindex/pre-orders

Release date is March 8th, expected to ship March 1st. 

LP available on black (limited to 800 pressed) or silver (limited to 300 pressed) as well as an LP bundle including the silver vinyl, a shirt and slipmat, and a collectors bundle that includes all that and the CD box set. 

Track listing:

1. Universal Untruths
2. Decline and Fall
3. The Choir Invisible
4. New Salem
5. Hammering the Nails
6. Rituals of Power
7. They Always Come Back
8. I Disavow
9. Naysayer

Edited by KnifeStreet

Killer riff

Transparent red vinyl preorder up at Season Of Mist:

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/misery-index-rituals-of-power-lp-gatefold-colored-digital-41154

Crystal clear:

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/misery-index-rituals-of-power-lp-gatefold-colored-digital-41150

Edited by VinylMario
link

21 hours ago, dethrock said:

Really wanted this but at $21 US for a single LP I can't do it.

Is it hard making a collection out of used bargain bin records because you refuse to pay the standard price for an album in 2018?

what am I saying, we all got into vinyl cause it’s convenient and cheap, of course.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

17 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Is it hard making a collection out of used bargain bin records because you refuse to pay the standard price for an album in 2018?

what am I saying, we all got into vinyl cause it’s convenient and cheap, of course.

I'm not sure what records your buying where $21 is a standard price but I just can't do it anymore.  Just for fun since you needed to share your opinion. 

Record: $21 for the standard black

Shipping to Canada: $12.73 (which is actually quite reasonable. A lot of labels are charging $15 to $18 now)

Total: $33.73 US which is $45.10 Canadian at the current exchange rate, a little more after the Paypal rate. 

My record buying has dropped considerably in the last few years due to the exchange rate and more expensive shipping. I grab what I can of Amazon.ca and order a few things I really want the rest of the time. An average record shipped from the US is now between $40 to $50 for me. So yeah, I think $21 for a standard pressing is a bit much. 

8 hours ago, dethrock said:

I'm not sure what records your buying where $21 is a standard price but I just can't do it anymore.  Just for fun since you needed to share your opinion. 

Shipping to Canada: $12.73 (which is actually quite reasonable. A lot of labels are charging $15 to $18 now)

Total: $33.73 US which is $45.10 Canadian at the current exchange rate, a little more after the Paypal rate. 

My record buying has dropped considerably in the last few years due to the exchange rate and more expensive shipping. I grab what I can of Amazon.ca and order a few things I really want the rest of the time. An average record shipped from the US is now between $40 to $50 for me. So yeah, I think $21 for a standard pressing is a bit much. 

I totally understand this. Even in the US I imagine they are charging at least $5 for media mail which is technically only $3.17 so it basically comes out to $26ish shipped in the US which is a lot for a single LP IMO. But unfortunately seems the norm lately.

9 hours ago, dethrock said:

It sounds like you’re getting boned on shipping, which does suck. I feel like I’m getting a steal when I pick up an lp at anything less than $19.99

but unfortunately the standard seems to be 20-30 these days.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

Shipping to and from a Canada is ludicrous these days.  I completely stopped trading to Canada because of it. Used to be able to ship a card up there for $3 ish, and a record for maybe $5, now it’s $13 minimum for anything bigger than a letter.  It sucks.

But the $21 price tag on an LP itself is hardly excessive, some of the bigger 180g, limited color stuff starts at $30, and even that I’m usually OK with considering the product I get for it. 

Yeah shipping to Canada is pretty crazy now, hell shipping from within Canada is crazy. Will cost me around $15 in shipping to send something in Canada. Even at our record shops 40 dollars is around the norm now for a lot of stuff. I basically only order from distros in the states now that ship via DHL