As I Lay Dying - An Ocean Between Us

Anybody catch any of their shows since they've started touring again?  I saw the first one in San Diego and then again in Dallas.  They're as fun now as they were in the early days, just crushing it.  Plus, that new song My Own Grave fucking destroys.  Pretty excited to see what they do next, as far as writing/recording new music.  

As far as the criminal side of things, I will say I know close friends, plural, who have jumped on the juicing bandwagon.  I don't think they were actually injecting steroids into their veins, nor do I know exactly what drugs they were taking to get themselves all jacked up, but it fucked them up in the head.  Made them act angry, violent, and do erratic things.  No, they did not try to hire a hitman.  And I'm not making excuses for the dude who did.  That's all on him.  He did it, he (at least now) owns it, and has been busting his ass to make amends where he can.  They've donated money from a few of their shows to different charities, I want to say one had something to do with domestic abuse but I may be wrong.  I know they gave to something related to the California wildfires.  But anways, I believe his wife and kids are now in an OK place with him and have forgiven him.  If you're down for the idea that shitty people, or people who have done shitty things (whether or not they were on drugs), can make a change for the better in life, good.  If not, well... also good, I guess.  Fair enough.  If the latter is you, I won't see you in the pit.  Otherwise, see you in the pit.

Proceed.

Edited by verb1999

9 hours ago, verb1999 said:

No, they did not try to hire a hitman.  And I'm not making excuses for the dude who did.  That's all on him.  He did it, he (at least now) owns it, and has been busting his ass to make amends where he can.  They've donated money from a few of their shows to different charities, I want to say one had something to do with domestic abuse but I may be wrong.  I know they gave to something related to the California wildfires.  But anways, I believe his wife and kids are now in an OK place with him and have forgiven him.  If you're down for the idea that shitty people, or people who have done shitty things (whether or not they were on drugs), can make a change for the better in life, good.  If not, well... also good, I guess.  Fair enough.  If the latter is you, I won't see you in the pit.  Otherwise, see you in the pit.

Proceed.

In my world, there are things for which I can and cannot forgive.

When you hire a hitman to murder your wife, you've crossed a line and you cannot go back. The fact that he's not in prison is a sin to me. The man should never have walked outside of an institution again... AND the fact that he's out there fronting a major metal band shows....one thing... a woman's accusations doesn't ruin a man's career or life.

In fact, it was just a time out.

28 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

This. "forgiveness" is an easy out for people to feel ok about doing something wrong.

Yup.

Remember Tim Lambesis, Donald Trump, Justice Kavanaugh, Louie CK, Chris Hardwick, etc when you hear someone claim a woman's false accusations can ruin a man's life. 

Because the real ones don't even matter...even when he's convicted.

Right on.  Being as the United States' legal system set him free a while ago now, and he's "done his time", what do you guys suggest he does now that he's on the outs?  Just stay away from music and live a quiet life on his own?  Or don't release it publicly, if he were to make music?  I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, as there are many varying opinions, as displayed everywhere this is talked about.  I just think it's an interesting topic. 

Either way, I see SRC has offered a different variant of An Ocean Between Us, in an "amber with aqua" theme.  

https://www.srcvinyl.com/as-i-lay-dying-an-ocean-between-us-lp.html

10 hours ago, Battra said:

Yup.

Remember Tim Lambesis, Donald Trump, Justice Kavanaugh, Louie CK, Chris Hardwick, etc when you hear someone claim a woman's false accusations can ruin a man's life. 

Because the real ones don't even matter...even when he's convicted.

To be fair though, dumb sluts have it coming to them...

Dont you worry about it snowflake, you continue being an incel and we'll fuck up and use all the fragile bitches that you're missing out on.

12 hours ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

Dont you worry about it snowflake, you continue being an incel and we'll fuck up and use all the fragile bitches that you're missing out on.

Wow.

I'm really glad I'm not you.

Also...one can't be an incel and a snowflake at the same time.....good gawd.

Edited by Battra

15 hours ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

@jhulud @Shitty Rambo

15 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

Who has the ban hammer?

On 1/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, Spintheblackcircle said:

Yo, we don't do this type of shit around here. See ya in a couple weeks.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, Spintheblackcircle said:

We'll pick one mate because you're acting like both.

Maybe white knight is a better fit for you?

Seriously though kys.

Perhaps, empathetic human being is the term you're searching for.

I guess, when you donate your time and money to protecting women from intimate partner violence, the idea of domestic abuse grows repellent to you.

• 1 month later...

5671c6848e86eb4ceb5d12eb11645c7e.jpg

/250 Bone w/ Mint Splatter Vinyl

https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/68190

92cb65cd7dbadb96333b98de075e8da5.jpg

/250 Aqua and Bone (A-Side / B-Side) Melt Vinyl

https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/item/68189

also saw an olive green out of 300 somewhere, maybe uk exclusive? and standard black