[PO] HOLY FAWN – Death Spells

Derek™

Pressing Information

1000 x Double vinyl LP

- 100 x White rabbit frosted clear w/ black and silver splatter (Platinum subscriber) 
- 150 x White rabbit frosted clear w/ black splatter (Subscriber only) 
- 250 x White rabbit frosted clear w/ black haze x250 
- 500 x White rabbit frosted clear 

Digipak CD x 50 (subscriber only)

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Those sub variants sound nice but I'm very content getting either the /250 or /500 for $20 if Deathwish plans to stock any.  I feel like I learned my lesson with Slow Crush.

I agree. But since I hate hazed vinyl (too many ruined vinyl due to that sand in the sleeve) I may just get the splatter. We'll see. I expect this to sell quicker than Aurora.

Edited by Gvzr

4 minutes ago, jrodan said:

Niiiice. 

Sup with the subscriber versions. 

You get exclusives if you subscribe for about $30 a month ($3 extra for US folks). Platinum subs are the senior members that have never cancelled a month. I have the Slow Crush sub Splatter vinyl that I bought directly from the band after the had announced they had a couple left over. 

Edited by Gvzr

For what it’s worth, too, you need to sub and retain your sub through March, when the album is released.  So you’d be forced to get January and February’s subs, if you signed up right now.  You could wait until March to sign up but there is a chance it’ll fill up before then.

I’ve got a bad feeling about that haze and will probably just stick with a clear copy.  Feels fitting.  Will probably pre-order just to be safe and cancel / re-order if it’s the variant Deathwish can get later on.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For what it’s worth, too, you need to sub and retain your sub through March, when the album is released.  So you’d be forced to get January and February’s subs, if you signed up right now.  You could wait until March to sign up but there is a chance it’ll fill up before then.

I’ve got a bad feeling about that haze and will probably just stick with a clear copy.  Feels fitting.  Will probably pre-order just to be safe and cancel / re-order if it’s the variant Deathwish can get later on.

My thoughts exactly.

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Those sub variants sound nice but I'm very content getting either the /250 or /500 for $20 if Deathwish plans to stock any.  I feel like I learned my lesson with Slow Crush.

Care to elaborate? Was thinking of doing the sub but from what I'm reading I've gathered I'll have to commit to 3 months with no guarantee of getting the platinum variant if I'm correct.

45 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Care to elaborate? Was thinking of doing the sub but from what I'm reading I've gathered I'll have to commit to 3 months with no guarantee of getting the platinum variant if I'm correct.

You get exclusives if you subscribe for about $30 a month ($3 extra for US folks). Platinum subs are the senior members that have never cancelled a month. I have the Slow Crush sub Splatter vinyl that I bought directly from the band after the had announced they had a couple left over. 

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Edited by Ishtar
it won't let me quote the otehr guy in my edit.

25 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

things I already know

I know all of that.

I meant more his experience with Slow Crush.

It sounds like there's a lesson to be learned and that's not something a google search or reviewing the thread is going to fill me in on.

BUT I always appreciate the snarky "let's quote other people in the thread to show how dumb this guy is" posts, so thanks for that.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

35 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

I know all of that.

I meant more his experience with Slow Crush.

It sounds like there's a lesson to be learned and that's not something a google search or reviewing the thread is going to fill me in on.

BUT I always appreciate the snarky "let's quote other people in the thread to show how dumb this guy is" posts, so thanks for that.

The “lesson” I alluded to was just ordering a copy of Aurora from Holy Roar, unaware that Deathwish would end up importing both variants for way cheaper, shortly after.

Outside from that I think you have a really clear grasp on how the sub works.  The only thing I’d add is that there’s no way any new subs, right now, are going to get in on that platinum-sub variant.  You had to have been locked in to scoop that up, with an ongoing sub for the better part of 2018.

The good news is that sub holders aren’t stoked on every single release, so you can often find an exclusive variant on Discogs for a fair price, once they ship out.  It’ll be a rat race to scoop it up, but that’s definitely your best bet if you’re really after one.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The “lesson” I alluded to was just ordering a copy of Aurora from Holy Roar, unaware that Deathwish would end up importing both variants for way cheaper, shortly after.

Outside from that I think you have a really clear grasp on how the sub works.  The only thing I’d add is that there’s no way any new subs, right now, are going to get in on that platinum-sub variant.  You had to have been locked in to scoop that up, with an ongoing sub for the better part of 2018.

The good news is that sub holders aren’t stoked on every single release, so you can often find an exclusive variant on Discogs for a fair price, once they ship out.  It’ll be a rat race to scoop it up, but that’s definitely your best bet if you’re really after one.

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, if there was even a chance in hell at the platinum variant if I’m a new sub. 

I think the platinum variant sounds the coolest looking, but I just ordered from DW, I couldn’t care less what this looks like I just wanna hear it on my setup.

Just now, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, if there was even a chance in hell at the platinum variant if I’m a new sub. 

I think the platinum variant sounds the coolest looking, but I just ordered from DW, I couldn’t care less what this looks like I just wanna hear it on my setup.

It does sound pretty slick, you’re not wrong there.  I’ve never had an issue with any crazy variants pressed by Holy Roar, but their splatters do lean on the streaky side.  (As of late, anyway.)  Sour grapes aside, I do think that frosted clear is going to sound the best and I’m thoroughly pleased that it’s what Deathwish is stocking.