[PO] HOLY FAWN – Death Spells

Derek™

1 minute ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Tug joke. He's a troll who pretends to be obsessed with The Used and made multiple threads about finding the perfect inner sleeve.

oh god i think i remember that.  I wasn't sure if Derek was serious.  But then again, I should have assumed not XD XD XD

On 3/23/2019 at 10:25 AM, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Tug joke.

But also the week-long debate that took place in that ETID thread.  Also, your copy of that record has my condolences based off that photo you posted.

My copy of Death Spells is slated to show up tomorrow, but Don's photos have me a little nervous now.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

But also the week-long debate that took place in that ETID thread.  Also, your copy of that record has my condolences based off that photo you posted.

My copy of Death Spells is slated to show up tomorrow, but Don's photos have me a little nervous now.

Yeah...that thing was brutalized by the post office. Thanks

Ordered the black in clear from Holy Roar and had it shipped overseas to NJ... just got it, records were outside of the jacket and sleeves (as people have noted) but the mailer itself looked fine. Big-ass scratch (at least aesthetically) through a large portion of the B-side. Astonishingly, playback seems okay.

Edited by timbelmont

37 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

Yeah, what kind of dipshits sent the bare record out of any sleeve? My copy arrived ok but I was still irritated they sent it like that. Every other time I've asked to take the records out of the sleeve they at least put them in a cheap thin white paper sleeve.

Not justifying their choice - since it really is the wrong choice in my eyes - but I think Holy Roar does that to appease the [even larger] idiots who cry about their paper sleeves receiving splits in transit.  Seeing as I personally MoFi anything in a paper sleeve to begin with, I would 100% opt for a little wear on my printed inner sleeves over actual damage to my records.  Cosmetic or not, that’s a trade I’ll never be down for.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not justifying their choice - since it really is the wrong choice in my eyes - but I think Holy Roar does that to appease the [even larger] idiots who cry about their paper sleeves receiving splits in transit.  Seeing as I personally MoFi anything in a paper sleeve to begin with, I would 100% opt for a little wear on my printed inner sleeves over actual damage to my records.  Cosmetic or not, that’s a trade I’ll never be down for.

Agreed. Mine is supposed to arrive today (my Am3rican Football too) and I'm anxious about this record arriving damaged.

Just now, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Agreed. Mine is supposed to arrive today (my Am3rican Football too) and I'm anxious about this record arriving damaged.

I got confirmation mine was delivered a few hours ago, too... maybe between the two of us, one will get lucky.  I think you’ve used up all your shit luck with deliveries though.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I got confirmation mine was delivered a few hours ago, too... maybe between the two of us, one will get lucky.  I think you’ve used up all your shit luck with deliveries though.

I hope both of ours are perfect. And everyone else who has yet to receive theirs foe that matter! :)

I'm going gumbo positive today.

Mine showed up ok, despite being outside the sleeves. I get why they do it, but I was surprised when one almost fell on the ground. 

Only issue I had, was USPS marked it for delivery but never delivered it. I had to go to the post office the next day to get it. Lazy asses. 

Edited by Thomas³

Mine came today with a big ole 45 degree bend in it, and the DW tape ripped open and frayed on the sides lol.  What in the jesus fuck do these USPS idiots do to this shit?  It looks like coffee was spilled on it too; there's a large darker stain on the side with the crease.  Or it was rubbed in oil...  something. 

Somehow my vinyl seems totally fine; spinning side 1 now and it sounds really nice.  The printed inners and my jacket took a bit of a hit but it's nothing too major, knocking it down to about a VG grade. 

Gonna have to take it to my shop to get VPI'd, the static from being shipped loose has attracted a ton of stuff that's raised the noise floor pretty significantly.  Good ole sandpaper sound when you drop the needle lol.  Thankfully the record is mastered loud enough so the music goes over it, but man... physics! 

Really liking how this sounds on vinyl; the drums really stand out.  Very well done mix. 

2 hours ago, mrewest said:

Hoping mine arrives safer than just about everyone elses.  I also have a 2nd record with it so hopefully that helps.  Supposed to arrive but now tracking shows it “arriving late”.

Mine said that for this entire week haha, it was supposed to be here Friday but decided to get sent to the other side of the country :P

I got mine on friday but just listened to it last night and I have a huge scratch on side c across all the grooves and it hisses all the way through and skips on the second song. Side D is equally scruffy but hard to tell because I have the clear variant. I order through deathwish so I doubt they could send me a replacement. Same thing happened to me with the Slow Crush record because of the way they shipped them. Huge bummer