[PO] HOLY FAWN – Death Spells

Derek™

On 1/26/2021 at 2:14 AM, xfactor675 said:

I don't know about it right now, but I got it from importcds (or deepdiscount with free shipping for you to the US, it's the same) a month or so ago and it was on "backorder" like right now but they managed to get the olive green one for me. So it might worth a try the worst you can get is a refund.

Did you get yours from eBay?

3 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

ah right on.  I had no idea this pressing was already sold out.  I kept saying "ahhh i'll get it eventually" because it sat forever. 

Did you have the first press to compare it with?  I'm so curious whether it's actually an improvement.  I know Ryan wasn't happy with the Holy Roar pressing. 

Also, did you speak with ImportCDs at all in the process?  Or did it just show up one day?

3 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

ah right on.  I had no idea this pressing was already sold out.  I kept saying "ahhh i'll get it eventually" because it sat forever. 

Did you have the first press to compare it with?  I'm so curious whether it's actually an improvement.  I know Ryan wasn't happy with the Holy Roar pressing. 

Also, did you speak with ImportCDs at all in the process?  Or did it just show up one day?

i don't have the hr pressing so couldn't really compare sorry. 

it took them at least 3 weeks after the order date to ship it out, but it eventually turned up. But then again no guarantees for the same outcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 3:16 AM, xghettoskramzerx said:

I ordered a camo green pressing from 2019 on discogs last week, but I received a repress from this year on blue w/ white splatter instead? This was a nice surprise. But yeah, no info on this but a Discogs page:

https://www.discogs.com/Holy-Fawn-Death-Spells/release/19156276

the fuck?

The band has never even posted about this.  Ryan last told me they were still waiting on hearing about a repress. 

EDIT:

just did a google search and apparently this place has the 2019 Triple Crown Remaster in stock.  UPC codes match the discogs entry, no clue what color it is though as both of them have the same UPC code. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holy-Fawn-Death-Spells-New-Vinyl-/362782828019

Edited by Gumbo72203

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

the fuck?

The band has never even posted about this.  Ryan last told me they were still waiting on hearing about a repress. 

EDIT:

just did a google search and apparently this place has the 2019 Triple Crown Remaster in stock.  UPC codes match the discogs entry, no clue what color it is though as both of them have the same UPC code. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holy-Fawn-Death-Spells-New-Vinyl-/362782828019

Oooo, I might snag this. Thanks!

Edit: snagged it!

Edited by prowl20

• 2 weeks later...

Spun my copy last week, it sounds badass.

Ryan has confirmed to me that this is indeed the same remaster as the Triple Crown edition.  The plant just kind of made them, and didn't inform the band or the label.  Evan and Alex work at Zia Records and even saw them in the store haha. 

He says Mike Kalajian did the justice that Holy Roar kind of fucked them on.  He's a mastering engineer, and responsible for the new cuts. 

On 7/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Spun my copy last week, it sounds badass.

Ryan has confirmed to me that this is indeed the same remaster as the Triple Crown edition.  The plant just kind of made them, and didn't inform the band or the label.  Evan and Alex work at Zia Records and even saw them in the store haha. 

He says Mike Kalajian did the justice that Holy Roar kind of fucked them on.  He's a mastering engineer, and responsible for the new cuts. 

Which zia?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Nice. I'm a little late to this band. Need to listen maybe one more time to the last LP and I'll convince myself to grab it on vinyl. Some good studying music.

No. You buy it now. You want to eat? Tough shit, Holy Fawn. Rent? Bills? Bank repayments? Your debtors will understand that you've bought the best album that ever existed is now in your collection, slowly burning into your soul.

9 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Nice. I'm a little late to this band. Need to listen maybe one more time to the last LP and I'll convince myself to grab it on vinyl. Some good studying music.

Seer was the song that sold me. Yawning is my second favorite. Hope that helps sway your decision.

edit: I was also stoned out of my mind when I first heard them and that helped a bit 😅

Edited by prowl20

On 8/15/2021 at 12:07 AM, MCDELTAT said:

you fucking buy the record and you enjoy it because you will and Arrows is one of the greatest songs ever. 

Yawning is probably my other favorite.  So good.  Don't skip Realms either, their first album.  A bit more soft and shoegaze than the metal/heavy direction they start into with Death Spells. 

• 7 months later...