[PO] HOLY FAWN – Death Spells

Derek™

17 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Hey Isa,

Thanks for chiming in. That sucks that you didn't get a sound check. That explains why everything just sounded off. Sucks when stuff like that happens. Thank you for clearing it all up. My wife and I were sitting there listening and really wanted to help. We almost walked back to the sound guy to let him know to up the vocals a tad and turn down the bass, which seemed to take over everything. We were coming from a place of concern and it just seemed like we annoyed you guys. Sorry about that. I hope the rest of your tour plays out great!

Thank you! I really appreciate the concern and you and your wife looking out for us :)  

A definite lessons learned - sound checks 4 LIFE! No matter what! ;) x

23 hours ago, mrewest said:

Mad respect to Isa!  So cool & perfect to come in & clear the air & in such a level headed manner.  Just makes the band even better in my eyes.  Bummer it went down the way it did for you guys.

This^ and LexDev's input is always appreciated.

spacer.png

58 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Oh cool turns out my package is sitting in Warrendale, Pa due to a mercury spill that has closed that facility for over a week now fml.  Currently 2 separate shipments (3 records total) sit there.  Awesome.

So THAAAT'S why I've had a couple packages sitting there for so long.  Couldn't find any updates or reasons anywhere.  Although I did finally see some kind of updated to both packages on USPS this morning so that makes me feel better.

9 hours ago, Rip said:

So THAAAT'S why I've had a couple packages sitting there for so long.  Couldn't find any updates or reasons anywhere.  Although I did finally see some kind of updated to both packages on USPS this morning so that makes me feel better.

Yeah I finally got a message about “delay due to emergency” or something so I was like WTF lemme Google this.  Sure enough, mercury spill lol.

If it happened a few months earlier it could’ve delayed that Mercury Program reissue.

Keith from Deathwish got back to me promptly.  I tried to see if there was any chance on getting a replacement LP or partial refund (in a worst case scenario) and he offered a full refund.  Opted to take it in store credit since I order from Deathwish fairly often, and the new Wear Your Wounds is right around the corner.  He also confirmed that per Holy Roar, all their future orders will be shipped inside the protective sleeves.  So hopefully there’s nothing to sweat when ordering from their label, going forward.

My Vinyl Survived the Great Mercury Spill of 2019™️

But it didn’t survive scratch-gate 2019.  However, other than a few minor pops & static, it sounds pretty good.  Already got the same offer from DW tho so it’s all good.  But I used a gift card too.  So we’ll see what happens.

16 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Just got an email from DW saying they got more copies in & are shipping me a replacement.  No word if I need to return the scratched copy.

Don't want to be that guy, but if they let you keep the scratched copy I will happily toss you some money for shipping +hassle for it ;)

28 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

Don't want to be that guy, but if they let you keep the scratched copy I will happily toss you some money for shipping +hassle for it ;)

Lemme get back to you.  I was gonna offer it up to my brother who never ended up ordering it.  But if for some reason he doesn’t want it, it’s yours.

13 minutes ago, fish said:

Looks like they have 38 back on stock now. Now have to decide if i want to use my credit from the other one to buy it again. I'm assuming these will be in better shape.

these might be the replacement batch as I just got shipping notification on my replacement copy. I’ll report back when it arrives if it’s any better.

21 hours ago, mrewest said:

My Vinyl Survived the Great Mercury Spill of 2019™️

But it didn’t survive scratch-gate 2019.  However, other than a few minor pops & static, it sounds pretty good.  Already got the same offer from DW tho so it’s all good.  But I used a gift card too.  So we’ll see what happens.

How are you going to re-use your gift card?  Keith never answered me about how to access mine, because i have no clue what that code is anymore.  If you check your email, you'll see a refund message from Deathwish saying it went back on the card, but they don't give you the card code :X :X :X

Also, I heard back from Sam at Holy Roar and they are sending me a replacement copy.  Fingers crossed it comes in the poly-inners and sounds good! 

14 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

How are you going to re-use your gift card?  Keith never answered me about how to access mine, because i have no clue what that code is anymore.  If you check your email, you'll see a refund message from Deathwish saying it went back on the card, but they don't give you the card code :X :X :X

Also, I heard back from Sam at Holy Roar and they are sending me a replacement copy.  Fingers crossed it comes in the poly-inners and sounds good! 

Keith should have provided you with a brand new “checkout” code that you enter in as a coupon code, good for the amount of the initial card.

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

If you didn’t see after posting this, I also posted that DW reached back out to say they are sending me a replacement in lieu of a gift card refund.

16 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Keith should have provided you with a brand new “checkout” code that you enter in as a coupon code, good for the amount of the initial card.

He did not; he said he's waiting on a co-worker to supply him with some Shopify code because he doesn't have access to that.  Sam from HR is sending me a replacement, but Keith said he was also haha.  I told him not to worry since Sam was sending me one, so I hope he received my message in time.  If not, I'll have an extra copy someone can have. 

What a mess!  lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been about three weeks since my subscriber version of this record supposedly shipped from Holy Roar. Nothing. This was the only reason I signed up months ago for this subscription. Now, they are offering to send me a clear copy, which I already have. I don't even remember the last time a record was lost and they come weekly. Oh well. I guess I'm glad Holy Fawn are moving to a U.S. based label. I shouldn't have fallen for the subscriber exclusive bullshit.