PO: Masked Intruder - III

Out March 1st http://smarturl.it/Masked

23390cb986b84dd696baa844c4adcadb.jpeg

Pressing Info:
300 PN webstore - Half Blood Red / Half Sea Blue w/ Heavy White Splatter
500 PN webstore 2 - Galaxy Black w/ Red(Ish)
300 US Indie - Clear w/ Blood Red, Sea Blue, Kelly Green and Highligher Yellow Splatter
200 UK Indie - Tri Stripped Blood Red, Sea Blue, Highligher Yellow
200 Euro - White & Blood Red Pin Wheel
1000 Various - Blood Red w/ Heavy Black Splatter

Thanks, but I'll pass.  I love collecting records, but the variants are starting to get old.

Just the other day, the Dwarves announced a new 10-song record with 5 variants.  10 songs will probably take them about 18 mins.  Close to $30 each just because of colored vinyl and low pressing numbers.

Any other collectors feeling the stress of multiple variants?   What's the answer?  I want complete collectIons, but owning 5-6 of the same album seems kinda nuts.  Maybe just buy the rarest one...

@IanRees Would it be possible for the merchlimited bundles to go up for preorder a little earlier this time? That's assuming there will be one. I would have loved the Drug Church bundle but when it went up it was too late to cancel my Merchnow pre-order of the same variant.

31 minutes ago, uglyme said:

Thanks, but I'll pass.  I love collecting records, but the variants are starting to get old.

Just the other day, the Dwarves announced a new 10-song record with 5 variants.  10 songs will probably take them about 18 mins.  Close to $30 each just because of colored vinyl and low pressing numbers.

Any other collectors feeling the stress of multiple variants?   What's the answer?  I want complete collectIons, but owning 5-6 of the same album seems kinda nuts.  Maybe just buy the rarest one...

I have a strict no double dipping rule and if there's a record I really want that's passed ordering I'll usually buy the cheapest option available unless there's a reasonably priced color way I like. There's no benefit to buying multiple copies of an album in my opinion. To each their own, and I understand people enjoying the collecting aspect (as do I), but there are reasonable limits.

As a fellow long time Masked Intruder fan I have to say No Case isn't my personal favorite on the album (I do like it though).

My personal favorites are Mine All Mine, Just So You Know, Please Come Back and B & E.

If you liked L&OC and II then you should like this too.

Edited by IanRees

2 hours ago, uglyme said:

I mean, you know you don't have to buy every single variant, right?  I typically buy one copy of an album - The one I'm going to listen to.

Not loving the single on first listen, but I bought the hoodie bundle anyway because this band is a long-time favorite for me and my wife (and she'll love the hoodie).  Hopefully a proper tour is in the works.

1 hour ago, IanRees said:

As a fellow long time Masked Intruder fan I have to say No Case isn't my personal favorite on the album (I do like it though).

My personal favorites are Mine All Mine, Just So You Know, Please Come Back and B & E.

If you liked L&OC and II then you should like this too.

As one of the dudes who recorded this album I agree about "No Case"! For those worried, it's not indicative of the rest of the record (just like "Take What I Want" on the last EP). I think "All Of My Love" is my fav.