We Lost The Sea : Live at Dunk! 2017 (PO NOW)

WLTSliveCoverWeb.jpg?auto=format&fit=max

"A stunning live recording of We Lost The Sea’s “Departure Songs” in its entirety and first ever overseas show at Dunk!Fest in Zottegem, Belgium in June 2017."

Taranslation Loss (USA PO)    Electric Blue with heavy Metallic Gold and Black Splatter /333

AUS / ASIA PO    Gold/White w/ Black Splatter /333

EURO PO   Color in Color w/ black and blue /333

Edited by The Butcha

5 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I watched a live Bogatyri earlier and holy shit.

Dude, it's utterly a crime that this band hasn't played over here yet.  You guys think Caspian is powerful...   my god.  I was doing so good on my not-buying-records spell, and then Old Solar and this and fuck.  I just dropped like $200 in a few days lol.  FML.  Someday I'll get those Seven Mile Journey albums.... someday...

Also, it's about damn time, guy!!!  XD XD XD

23 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Lol you’re the most anti-post-rock guy here nowadays ;)

Still enjoy the genre for sure (and own a 1st press of Departure Songs no less) but it’s a pretty chill listen.  I just imagine they’d be a pretty mellow act, regardless of how loud or “massive” the soundstage was.

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Still enjoy the genre for sure (and own a 1st press of Departure Songs no less) but it’s a pretty chill listen.  I just imagine they’d be a pretty mellow act, regardless of how loud or “massive” the soundstage was.

TBH I was pretty bored with Departure Songs the first time I listened but went back a couple times & it seemed to grow on me.  And watching this earlier was eye opening.

Edited by mrewest

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

TBH I was pretty bored with Departure Songs the first time I listened but went back a couple times & it seemed to grow on me.  And watching this earlier was eye opening.

If you go back to the original thread for this album, I stated more than a couple times that I didn't get it and thought it was boring.  It took me a solid 5-6 full listens over the span of 6-8 months I think to finally "get it".  Sort of like "Requiem" by Silent Whale.  But once you see what they're doing, and you really take in the stories of all the songs, and the emotional arc of the album.... its absolutely unreal.  Especially the way the album wraps with Challenger 2's hopeful tones.  All this darkness and pain...  finally resolved. 

Dude, just take a half hour and do Challenger 1 + 2.  You'll see.