Hopeless Records "Twenty Five And Hopeless"

14 hours ago, rundmcc2 said:

7-F5-FD6-AF-41-FD-4-AEE-B61-F-6-DEC91-E4

Was this announced with any other Hopeless releases? I went to sign up and it makes you pick a plan and enter your credit card before you choose your #vibe. That seems a little ass backwards. I signed up anyways to get this Ocean Avenue Acoustic record. My next record is set to ship April 7th. Do I get to choose which record I get next?

Edited by ckraus333

9 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

Was this announced with any other Hopeless releases? I went to sign up and it makes you pick a plan and enter your credit card before you choose your #vibe. That seems a little ass backwards. I signed up anyways to get this Ocean Avenue Acoustic record. My next record is set to ship April 7th. Do I get to choose which record I get next?

It's confusing. I had to chat support a couple of times to figure it all out.  You won't be able to see or select your next vibe until you get billed again (next month). Support told me they can bump up your billing date if there is something you want that may sell out soon.

17 minutes ago, rundmcc said:

It's confusing. I had to chat support a couple of times to figure it all out.  You won't be able to see or select your next vibe until you get billed again (next month). Support told me they can bump up your billing date if there is something you want that may sell out soon. 

Oh boy. What did I get myself into? I'll probably have to chat with them too. I'd like to get Happiness Is rather than some random vinyl.

I don't get why they're pressing another variant of that when there's three others that no one is buying:

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/263442/ocean-avenue-acoustic-sunset-swirl

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/263443/ocean-avenue-acoustic-ocean-sun-splatter

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/168950/ocean-avenue-acoustic-black-lp

These were even on sale over Christmas time for like $10 lol.  Who's making these pressing decisions?

Edited by mmhmm

12 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

I don't get why they're pressing another variant of that when there's three others that no one is buying:

https://merchnow.com/products/v2/263443/ocean-avenue-acoustic-ocean-sun-splatter

These were even on sale over Christmas time for like $10 lol.  Who's making these pressing decisions?

I'm a sucker for anything... exclusive. I already have the white first pressing and the orange/blue splatter. I think all these VNYL exclusives have been selling out.

I asked VNYL if I would be able to pick my next record and this is what they told me. I listen to enough new music on my own and I don't need them sending me something I already own. I'll probably just cancel my membership after I get Ocean Avenue Acoustic in the mail.

We have a team of expert curators who use a combination of your music profile and spotify listening history, mixed with your monthly vibe choice to get a feel for your music tastes. They match that information up with our current inventory and send you albums that you will be excited about as well as introduce you to some new artists that fall into your listening categories. 

4 minutes ago, ckraus333 said:

I asked VNYL if I would be able to pick my next record and this is what they told me. I listen to enough new music on my own and I don't need them sending me something I already own. I'll probably just cancel my membership after I get Ocean Avenue Acoustic in the mail.

We have a team of expert curators who use a combination of your music profile and spotify listening history, mixed with your monthly vibe choice to get a feel for your music tastes. They match that information up with our current inventory and send you albums that you will be excited about as well as introduce you to some new artists that fall into your listening categories. 

You pick your own record every month out of a bunch of albums in different #vibes.  If you don't like any of them, you get to select the curate option and that's when they will choose a record for you.  They will look at your inventory on discogs and spotify and last.fm and pick something that they think you would like.  I've only had them curate one for me and they sent me an album by Well Wisher.  It came with a hand written note that explained why she chose the album for me, who they were similar to, and it didn't feel like it was picked at random.  I was very okay with what they chose for me that month.  The other 3 months so far that I have picked on my own were VNYL exclusives of albums that I actually wanted.

22 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

How so? Did you complain about the Splatter turning out slightly different? 

Nope had nothing to do with what I received actually very happy with it. I called to cancel the subscription because i thought it was a one off I could do. ( didnt read the fine print) When I called I talked to an operator who told me she couldn't cancel it but to keep calling back till I got someone who could. 2 hours of trying later finally get this dude who is laughing the whole time with his neighbor who I can hear in the background with music blaring completely ignoring anything I said. I was just very offput by all the hassle to cancel it since you can't do it any way but phone and how I was treated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, mmhmm said:

I absolutely agree with this, but my guess would be that Hopeless really only has four Yellowcard records that they can continuously repress effortlessly without having to go through over labels/companies: 1) When You're Through Thinking, 2) Southern Air, 3) Ocean Avenue Acoustic, and 4) Yellowcard. Other than these, it's just some 7" singles, etc. WYTTSY already has SEVEN variants, Self-Titled has SIX variants from it's original release, and they only just released a new variant of Southern Air. This will be the seventh variant for Ocean Avenue Acoustic, which is pretty ridiculous for a re-release/re-imagined record. They've gone pretty heavy on their Yellowcard records for their Christmas/Holiday releases. But it makes sense when you account for the records they solely own, and that fact that even though it's not the original, it's still the songs from their best-selling records.

Regardless, it's stupid. I variant collect Yellowcard - If anyone bought the latest Ocean Avenue Acoustic variant through VNYL and is willing to get rid of it, please let me know and maybe we can work something out! I have everything to date except this one, and honestly, after opening up a VNYL account and closing it right after my Southern Air shipped, I don't feel like going through the headache again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Claw1400 said:

I absolutely agree with this, but my guess would be that Hopeless really only has four Yellowcard records that they can continuously repress effortlessly without having to go through over labels/companies: 1) When You're Through Thinking, 2) Southern Air, 3) Ocean Avenue Acoustic, and 4) Yellowcard. Other than these, it's just some 7" singles, etc. WYTTSY already has SEVEN variants, Self-Titled has SIX variants from it's original release, and they only just released a new variant of Southern Air. This will be the seventh variant for Ocean Avenue Acoustic, which is pretty ridiculous for a re-release/re-imagined record. They've gone pretty heavy on their Yellowcard records for their Christmas/Holiday releases. But it makes sense when you account for the records they solely own, and that fact that even though it's not the original, it's still the songs from their best-selling records.

Regardless, it's stupid. I variant collect Yellowcard - If anyone bought the latest Ocean Avenue Acoustic variant through VNYL and is willing to get rid of it, please let me know and maybe we can work something out! I have everything to date except this one, and honestly, after opening up a VNYL account and closing it right after my Southern Air shipped, I don't feel like going through the headache again.

Re-visting this to mention I was able to get a copy of the latest Yellowcard Ocean Acoustic VNYL Exclusive, without subscribing to VNYL (thank god) - was lucky enough to find that there were a couple of copies not too horribly priced on Discogs. Thanks y'all.

11 minutes ago, Claw1400 said:

Re-visting this to mention I was able to get a copy of the latest Yellowcard Ocean Acoustic VNYL Exclusive, without subscribing to VNYL (thank god) - was lucky enough to find that there were a couple of copies not too horribly priced on Discogs. Thanks y'all.

I signed up for VNYL just to get it and when none of the upcoming #vibes interested me, they canceled my account. No problem. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...