PO Now: Strand Of Oaks - Eraserland

Hell yeah! Big fan of his work! In one of the earlier episodes of my dumb ol’ podcast, we cover his first album. Sounds like four of the guys from My Morning Jacket are also on it too! I’m super stoked. I want the white wax, but not so sure about the shirt. 

Edited by PookdaddyG

Whilst his records seem to have been creating diminishing returns for some of us, I'm still probably in for this provided I can source a reasonably priced EU distro.

doc171_ssthumb.jpg

The blurb:

This record wasn't supposed to be here. 

I had thought for a moment Strand of Oaks might be over until a text from my friend, Carl Broemel, changed all that. Unbeknownst to me, four members of My Morning Jacket and Kevin Ratterman booked studio time to record songs I didn't think I’d ever write. But they believed I could and pulled me back from the brink. At last, the songs came–and quickly morphed into everything I've ever worked toward as this band. 

These ten songs are about existing and continuing on, a testament to the hope that even if we feel like we are disappearing, there is that glimmer of light. You may not come out the same person you started as, but that'sokay. I'm glad this record is here now for whoever chooses to find it. 

Welcome to Eraserland, where we all can start again. ~tim

Tracklist:
1. Weird Ways
2. Hyperspace Blues
3. Keys
4. Visions
5. Fires

6. Moon Landing

7. Ruby
8. Wild And Willing
9. Eraserland
10. Forever Chords

Available on standard black double lp or in cloudy white in a bundle. Double LP. Scheduled for release 22nd March 2019.
https://www.secretlystore.com/eraserland-strand-of-oaks

Will post an EU link once I've got one.

4 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Bull Moose has a "cloudy clear" listed.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28931749/strand-of-oaks-eraserland-transparent-cloudy-clear-vinyl

I'd say this is probably the same version that's in the bundle.  

Id wager you're right the stoner swirl hard love became available outside the bundle down the line too. I'm guessing theres also the likelihood of a secretly society subscriber colour down the line too.

54 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Bull Moose has a "cloudy clear" listed.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28931749/strand-of-oaks-eraserland-transparent-cloudy-clear-vinyl

I'd say this is probably the same version that's in the bundle.  

Thanks for that link! Now they just need to press “Leave Ruin” though something tells me that won’t happen any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Id wager you're right the stoner swirl hard love became available outside the bundle down the line too. I'm guessing theres also the likelihood of a secretly society subscriber colour down the line too.

With no member pricing on it and no color version available outside of the bundle.... I think a Secretly Society version is looking likely.  

15 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

With no member pricing on it and no color version available outside of the bundle.... I think a Secretly Society version is looking likely.  

If memory serves they did a pink one for hard love too so im pretty confident itll happen.

1 hour ago, JohnMatrix said:

I'm really hoping this record is better than the last. I didn't dislike it but i thought it was a bit of a step down from Heal which was phenomenal. The addition of MMJ members is promising though

Is it wrong to assume that it’ll feature everyone but Jim? I’d be willing to bet that Carl, Patrick, and Tom are on the album. Bo has been touring pretty heavily, so maybe he is the odd man out, though he was on the Ray LaMontagne tour with those guys.

Edited by PookdaddyG

2 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

Thanks for that link! Now they just need to press “Leave Ruin” though something tells me that won’t happen any time soon. 

I'd pay a good price for that. It'd be nice if they reprinted Pope Killdragon and Dark Shores for all the folk that missed out too.

49 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'd pay a good price for that. It'd be nice if they reprinted Pope Killdragon and Dark Shores for all the folk that missed out too.

I talked to him a few years ago after a show, and he mentioned that to get the rights from La Société Expéditionnaire would cost a decent chunk. That was a couple of years ago on the start of the HEAL tour, but I can easily see enough fans jumping on that to justify a pressing. With that being said, I read a couple of interviews in which he seems a little shy about that project. 

Still not had much in the way of luck finding an EU distro carrying this yet and I saw on FB he said they were close to selling out on the bundles/white. I'm just waiting on roughtrade's UK site to catch up which I'm sure it will in time, happy with to just get a black copy. Got tickets for the show in May which should be nice haven't seen him since the first round of HEAL dates so that should be good, although nothing will top seeing him play St. Pancras Old church.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:25 PM, Stress On The Sky said:

Dark shores is available in the secretly store 

edit: nevermind, it’s Darker Shores that’s available.

Edited by NationallyFrightened

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, NationallyFrightened said:

Dark shores is available in the secretly store 

edit: nevermind, it’s Darker Shores that’s available.

I have Dark Shores on blue and Darker Shores anyway I was just saying it'd be nice for all of those late to the party but thanks for looking anyway.

Frustratingly still haven't found an EU/UK distro for this yet so if anyone has any leads let me know. Weird Ways is brilliant.

1 hour ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I have Dark Shores on blue and Darker Shores anyway I was just saying it'd be nice for all of those late to the party but thanks for looking anyway.

Frustratingly still haven't found an EU/UK distro for this yet so if anyone has any leads let me know. Weird Ways is brilliant.

JPC has them up for preorder for us Europeans. Here’s the link for the colored version, regular is 1€ less:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/strand-of-oaks-eraserland-coloured/hnum/8941290

2 minutes ago, mesi said:

JPC has them up for preorder for us Europeans. Here’s the link for the colored version, regular is 1€ less:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/strand-of-oaks-eraserland-coloured/hnum/8941290

You are a constant gent @mesi

Been checking rough trade's UK site since this was announced.

• 4 weeks later...

Tim shared some pictures and further details on his facebook regarding the record. The gatefold is die cut n the printed inners can be swapped about to "erase" his picture on the cover. More importantly theres a "secret" 17 minute track exclusive to the vinyl version. Also the photos of the records actually look clear instead of cloudy white. Not sure if thats a separate variant for a tour or a pressing plant colour mix up.