PO Now: Devin Townsend - Empath CD / LP (March 29th, 2019)

The new Devin Townsend album will be released on march 29th, 2019.

EMPATH’ will be released on:

• Limited 2 CD Digipak (including an entire disc of bonus material)
  • Standard CD Jewelcase
  • Gatefold 180G 2LP Vinyl + CD + LP-booklet
  • digital album

The full track-listing is as follows:

1.  Castaway
  2. Genesis
  3. Spirits Will Collide
  4. Evermore
  5. Sprite
  6. Hear Me
  7. Why
  8. Borderlands
  9. Requiem
  10. Singularity Part 1 – Adrift
  11. Singularity Part 2 – I Am I
  12. Singularity Part 3 – There Be Monsters
  13. Singularity Part 4 – Curious Gods
  14. Singularity Part 5 – Silicon Scientists
  15. Singularity Part 6 – Here Comes The Sun

Preorders can be placed here:

Inside Out Music (white vinyl 200 copies /  transparent magenta 200 copies / orange vinyl 400 copies)

Omerch (red vinyl 200 copies / blue vinyl 200 copies / yellow vinyl 200 copies)

Record Shop X  (silver vinyl 200 copies)

EMP (lilac 200 copies)

Amazon Germany

Edited by bootboy77

I am so god damn fucking ready for this album. From DT's Facebook:

" Over the past few years, the success that Devin has slowly worked for has fortunately come with the power to control his own creative destiny. The recent successes with the DVD from a sold-out Royal Albert hall, or his 2012 ‘Retinal Circus’, or last year’s ‘Ocean Machine’ live DVD with the Orchestra and Choir of State Opera Plovdiv has put him in a position where with the new album ‘EMPATH’, he will once and for all define himself as a musical force outside of any particular genre classification.

On this album Devin has decided to see what would happen if all the styles that make up his current interests were finally represented in one place. To finally shake the fear of expectation, and just do what it is he was meant to do creatively, EMPATH, true to the name, is about allowing the audience a feeling for a variety of musical emotions. The musical dynamics represented on this single album are broad, challenging, and immense. To approach this sort of work with a long history of what makes heavy music ‘heavy’, allows this to be done with a type of power rarely heard.

Joining Devin on this album is Frank Zappa alumni Mike Keneally as music director, as well as Morgan Ågren (Mats And Morgan, Frank Zappa, Fredrik Thordendal), Anup Sastry (Monuments, Periphery), Samus Paulicelli (Decrepit Birth, Abigail Williams), Nathan Navarro, Elliot Desagnes, Steve Vai, Chad Kroeger, Anneke Van Giersbergen, Ché Aimee Dorval, Ryan Dhale and the Elektra Women’s Choir.

A bold statement with massive production values and dynamic, uncompromised musicality. This is a statement about not only pursuing creative freedom in a conservative scene, but also trying to show that heavy music is truly a valid musical tool.
"

Preorders also up on this site, EU as well. I might order from here anyway though and see what else comes out. I want that shirt bundled with the blue so hard. Nice and clean color that matches well. 

https://www.omerch.eu/shop/devintownsend/

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

JSR just put up their pre-orders.

Only option is Black, but the shirt kinda rules:

https://www.jsrdirect.com/bands/devin-townsend

That being said.. WTF rip off is this shite, for less than the US Black Vinyl you can get the Vinyl (black), CD, and signed booklet on the Omerch EU site. 

Edited by roadmonkey

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, redhouse777 said:

If you liked/wanted/missed the blue Omerch you might be interested in this variant:

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4LPCE132/devin-townsend-project-empath-coke-clear-2-lp?cp=102832_103115

Y4LPCE132.jpg

F ya... Was just coming here to post the link. Snagged this last evening by surprise looking for colored options for US

• 3 months later...

After fulfilling pre-orders LaserCD has a "handful" of the Violet available.  This is the most limited in number of all the Empath special pressings so thought it might be worth posting.

https://www.lasercd.com/vinyl/empath-2lp-violet-vinyl

First pressing (2019): 
Red- 200 
Orange- 400 
Yellow- 200 
Transparent Petrol Green- 200 
Light Blue- 200 
Lilac- 200 
Violet- 100 
Transparent Magenta- 200 
White- 200 
Silver- 200