Which amp?

Insurance is paying out on my amplifier that was water damaged a month or so ago (a Rotel RA-935BX). 

If you had the choice, would you go for (and why):

- Rotel A10 Integrated Amp (https://www.rotel.com.au/products/rotel-a10-integrated-amplifier)

OR

- Marantz PM5005 (https://www.us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=hificomponents&ProductId=PM5005)

Would be paired with Q Acoustic 3050 floor standers.

Also, both amps come with a built in phono stage, would these likely be better than my Pro-Ject Phono Box I am using in my current set up?

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by andynz

I owned a Marantz PM5004 and a PM6004 before eventually upgrading to a 2nd hand PM8004.  

If I had to choose between a PM5005 and the Rotel A10, I would probably go with the Rotel just because of the Preamp out/trigger feature that may come in handy down the road.

THAT SAID, based on my own experience, I would recommend keeping an eye out for a used Marantz PM800(4/5/6).  I see them come up used for around $500 (in the US) here and there and I am really happy with mine.

Although, if you're in NZ/AU area, I understand that the prices/market for stuff like this is much different than in the US.

I'm a fan of Rotel; and they use a nice MM. Not sure the comparability of the RA-1062/RA-1570 to the A-10; but I've enjoyed their onboard phonos.

But also

On 1/20/2019 at 6:48 PM, Tardcore said:

I would recommend keeping an eye out for a used higher end amp; if you are  able to find something.