PO: Foals - Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost Pt.1

24 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Seems to be selling pretty slow to me. Still 430 left of the 700 US store copies. I think the WWD box lasted quite a while.

Maybe it was just the initial rush then, I was monitoring it earlier and they seemed to be going a little quicker. Don’t mind some extra time to think about it. 

That new song is pretty weak imo :/ if that is supposed to be single-material and they have made two records it seems like they went for quantity over quality this time. But i can't judge 2 records only having heard one song.

The WWD box set was incredibly cheap back then, i think like 35 Euros or something crazy like that, 57 for the new box set now is quite a lot for what you are getting i feel...for that price they could have included a making of DVD + having it signed by all members instead of just one

6 minutes ago, Vega said:

The WWD box set was incredibly cheap back then, i think like 35 Euros or something crazy like that, 57 for the new box set now is quite a lot for what you are getting i feel...for that price they could have included a making of DVD + having it signed by all members instead of just one

Just went back and looked, I paid $59 shipped for WWD box so this new one appears to be about where I expected. But yeah just way overpriced.

4 hours ago, Redder said:

Collectors Edition is a limited edition? How many?

I’d venture to guess 2000 but who knows. They could be leaving it open-ended on purpose.

Probably an unpopular opinion but to this day I still can’t get into anything by Foals outside of Antidotes, which I listened to a week ago and still enjoy immensely.  The new single seems like it will continue that trend which is a bit of a bummer.  I will go on record as saying that the new album’s art is really sweet, though, and that the boxset variant looks like a classy match to it.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but to this day I still can’t get into anything by Foals outside of Antidotes

Nah, I'm with you on this. Though I enjoyed some of the songs on Total Life Forever, the rest of their stuff just hasn't clicked with me. My girlfriend is the complete opposite. She loves everything post-TLF. It's very strange. 

The new single is decent, but nothing special. At least the video is beautifully shot.  Some of those colours and locations were phenomenal. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Derek™ said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but to this day I still can’t get into anything by Foals outside of Antidotes, which I listened to a week ago and still enjoy immensely.  The new single seems like it will continue that trend which is a bit of a bummer.  I will go on record as saying that the new album’s art is really sweet, though, and that the boxset variant looks like a classy match to it.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:09 AM, rabbitvinyl said:

Nah, I'm with you on this. Though I enjoyed some of the songs on Total Life Forever, the rest of their stuff just hasn't clicked with me. My girlfriend is the complete opposite. She loves everything post-TLF. It's very strange. 

Samesies. Spanish Sahara on TLF is great, otherwise its Antidotes or nothing over here too.

• 1 month later...
Just now, patreeeek said:

Did anyone receive their box set yet? I was curious if it said how many were made of the collectors edition. 

I’ve missed something in the post today but I’m assuming it’s the box set, I’ve seen some copies already appear on Instagram, they’ve come out lovely.

2 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

Did anyone receive their box set yet? I was curious if it said how many were made of the collectors edition. 

Mine's waiting at my door for me, if you don't get an answer I'l know in a couple of hours.

2 minutes ago, mcpaddolive said:

”In Degrees” is such a banger

Album's incredible, and I agree. In Degrees and White Onions are soooo damn good.

4 hours ago, patreeeek said:

I'm #01238 and it doesn't indicate what the total pressing is. This thing is gorgeous.

And apparently Vol. 2 is going to be a picture disc. There's a transparent plastic sleeve that it'll fit in at the back of the book.

Last thing - apparently a lot of these discs are showing up scratched to death. They shoved them in a cardboard pocket in the book and it's a travesty. Quickly put mine in a mofi sleeve.

11 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'm #01238 and it doesn't indicate what the total pressing is. This thing is gorgeous.

And apparently Vol. 2 is going to be a picture disc. There's a transparent plastic sleeve that it'll fit in at the back of the book.

Last thing - apparently a lot of these discs are showing up scratched to death. They shoved them in a cardboard pocket in the book and it's a travesty. Quickly put mine in a mofi sleeve.

Thanks for the info! I saw this picture on twitter that said 2025 so I guess there's more than 2000.

That's interesting that vol. 2 will be a picture disc but nice that there is a spot for it. 

edit: and this one says 8948?

Edited by patreeeek