Sign in to follow this  
IanRees

AT-LP60BK

3 minutes ago, swb said:

Target, if you’ll believe it, has gotten into the $100 turntable game and, if you’ll believe it, their model actually has a metal tonearm with an adjustable weight. Might be worth looking into as a slightly better alternative to the Crosley level players. It’s called the Heyday player.

Interesting, i just looked it up, its a nice looking player. I might have to go check it out in person. Thanks for the heads up.

Hey Ian, I've been using an AT-LP60 as my main for the better part of six years. Someday I'll upgrade, but I'm not in a hurry - this thing does pretty much everything I need it to. I personally have a pretty nice equalizer that I hooked up, and that improves the sound immensely. The sound on it's own is decent - I've never done a direct, side-by-side comparison, but I have a friend with a Pro-Ject and I remember the sound being a bit fuller on the latter, but that's to be expected. If your question is whether or not it's worth having as a backup, I would say absolutely. Would be happy to answer any other questions you have.

2 hours ago, omik11303 said:

Hey Ian, I've been using an AT-LP60 as my main for the better part of six years. Someday I'll upgrade, but I'm not in a hurry - this thing does pretty much everything I need it to. I personally have a pretty nice equalizer that I hooked up, and that improves the sound immensely. The sound on it's own is decent - I've never done a direct, side-by-side comparison, but I have a friend with a Pro-Ject and I remember the sound being a bit fuller on the latter, but that's to be expected. If your question is whether or not it's worth having as a backup, I would say absolutely. Would be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Thanks, appreciate the input.