Stephen Malkmus - Groove Denied - Ultra Limited /25, Limited /150, Standard

Just now, pepperonigin said:

He's a legend so it's a cool item for sure, especially considering how limited it is. As crazy as it was I had my credit card out so who am I to judge?

The description of the album and hearing the first single sold me.  Honestly, had it been another Jicks album, I probably would have passed.  Not that I don't like the Jicks.

2 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

There is also a bundle deal for Groove Denied, Wig Out at Jagbags, Face the Truth and Sparkle Hard which had I known about initially would have ordered instead.

edit:was able to get this after all

THANKS for posting. :D

I actually missed all these earlier releases when they originally came out.

At $13ish per album, and the latest one pressed on clear vinyl.....once this STUPID government shutdown ends, I will grab that set as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

I tried to get into but can't. The synth tones are not as bad as the first single and it certainly has some of Malkmus quirky guitar stuff but it didnt hit the spot for me

I can see it not being for everyone. I wasn't crazy about the single but it's probably the weakest track for me and I think it flows nicely with the rest of the album. I was also happy to hear some of his signature guitar in there cause I wasn't sure if it would be 100% synth type stuff. It all doesn't seem forced for him so I dig it, at least as a one off album.