PO: James Blake - Assume Form

12 hours ago, tetsuodaironman said:

I am sure everyone is saying this is bad because Pitchfork gave it a 5.8. All things considered, I like the flow of the last half of the album starting with Can't Believe The Way We Flow. Need a flow chart fo dat bitch!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha coming from possibly the worst offender on the boards this is fucking rich. To seriously post this requires such an extreme lack of self awareness that I'm honestly slightly impressed. Hopefully it's a sign your own taste is emerging through the p4k filter.

14 minutes ago, davepriz said:

Wow, people getting defensive in here real quick. I think the album is his 2nd best LP but overall it’s slightly above good. Can’t fuck with that s/t.

S/T is legend.

Unless I'm assuming wrong, I'm probably the one who's causing you to feel like the thread went hostile or got defensive.  But I just find it a little grating to be pigeonholed as a victim to the hipster hive-mind, when I personally listen to a lot of shit that "new VC" doesn't fuck with, or form an opinion that goes against the grain and stick to it.  And as it's become obvious by now, I'm not cool idling by while some closet VC member implies that I'm a bandwagoner.  Shelby is right, too – as much as I enjoy Tetsuo's comic relief and antics in a lot of threads, dude is late to the party on a ton of releases.  For him to suggest Rooks and I are just parroting the score from 1 entertainment publication that lost relevancy a decade ago is both ironic and just silly.

I've got nothing against Assume Form or anyone who enjoys the album.  There are some really sweet tracks on it, but as a whole it just isn't what I want to hear when I see the name James Blake on my record shelf or when flicking through a digital library.  But maybe it's what someone else wants to hear, and that's great.  That was never anything to get defensive about, and I don't believe anyone in this thread was trying to argue that.

11 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha coming from possibly the worst offender on the boards this is fucking rich. To seriously post this requires such an extreme lack of self awareness that I'm honestly slightly impressed. Hopefully it's a sign your own taste is emerging through the p4k filter.

b4k*

• 2 months later...