PO: Better Oblivion Community Center

nyhi

4 hours ago, GoBlue325 said:

Is there a reason people aren't ordering the color vinyl from Piccadilly? Its around 20 pounds with shipping to the US and it shows still available. I emailed them a week ago to confirm and they said they will remove it when its not. 

Blows my mind that you guys get it shipped internationally for about £4 cheaper than I can get it shipped from 30 minutes away

50 minutes ago, LPancakes said:

Most likely. I’m surprised the US doesn’t have some kind of import tax/fee 

Yea..the VAT removal helps us considerably. Piccadilly has to be one of the best when it comes to shipping too. Ans the more you order, the better it gets which is something you cant say for most European shops online. My opinion anyway...

54 minutes ago, LPancakes said:

Most likely. I’m surprised the US doesn’t have some kind of import tax/fee 

There are technically import duties for packages into the US, but they are only enforced on low-value imports (under $800 I think) in exceptionally rare cases. I’ve never been hit. Canada, on the other hand, frequently assesses import duties on packages of any value. 

Orange copies are now finally disappearing in the UK as well. There doesn't seem to any confirmation of pressing numbers, but at a guess I would say it was fairly large . Banquet still have it listed.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/better-oblivion-community-center/better-oblivion-community-center/DOC188CD

Fav track for me is Service Road.

• 2 weeks later...

How have the live shows been? I've never seen Bright Eyes/Oberst live but I've seen Bridgers and I thought her solo material and performance was still a bit too sleepy and on the same level/pace (outside of Emotional Motion Sickness). On the record, this project has added that tiny bit of variation of energy that I feel would make her really fun to see live.

16 minutes ago, swb said:

How have the live shows been? I've never seen Bright Eyes/Oberst live but I've seen Bridgers and I thought her solo material and performance was still a bit too sleepy and on the same level/pace (outside of Emotional Motion Sickness). On the record, this project has added that tiny bit of variation of energy that I feel would make her really fun to see live.

I tried like hell to get Tix, to no avail, but Conor has great performance charisma. Even his energy at a solo acoustic song in Carnegie Hall was great. See him with a full band or Desaparecidos and you're in for a good time. Especially if he's drunk. 

5 hours ago, swb said:

Incredible. Caught them here in Vegas and the full band sound really gives more life to the songs. It was nice and made me want a live version of the songs. New song was great and I’m

bummed because the 7” wasn’t available at our date. They also did a cover of Can’t Hardly Wait by The Replacements. Opening band Sloppy Jane was also quite an experience. Definitely want to get there early for them. 

1 minute ago, Juturna90 said:

Incredible. Caught them here in Vegas and the full band sound really gives more life to the songs. It was nice and made me want a live version of the songs. New song was great and I’m

bummed because the 7” wasn’t available at our date. They also did a cover of Can’t Hardly Wait by The Replacements. Opening band Sloppy Jane was also quite an experience. Definitely want to get there early for them. 

Oh I’ve seen pics of Sloppy Jane’s sets. Did Bridgers also play in their band? I think she used to be in it?

20 minutes ago, swb said:

Oh I’ve seen pics of Sloppy Jane’s sets. Did Bridgers also play in their band? I think she used to be in it?

She played Bass and backup vocals on all 3 of there albums that came out in 2014-15. I just found out about them recently and laughed when I checked out there older stuff on discogs as she is listed as

Being Better At Bass Than We Thought+harmonizin Like An Angel