PO: Better Oblivion Community Center

nyhi

On 8/29/2019 at 11:23 AM, randomfortunepa said:

spacer.png

And the winner is...randomfortunepa. There were a lot of gasps and awws from my wife as she looked through the entries. Her reasoning for the winner was, "I love black cats and I love Halloween." So there's that. Thanks for everyone who joined!

Full disclosure, the shit that went down when I was going to give this 7" away initially was that one of our cats was diagnosed with cancer and was gone within a month. It was one of the hardest things I've had to go through, so sharing all these cat pictures was a great tribute. Hug your babies close!

I'm not even a cat person and I audibly sighed at the winner. I do love me some Halloween. Glad you won. 

Hang in there buddy! Loosing a pet is never easy! My pup is almost 11. Her senior blood work  just came back a little wonky. She's starting to slow down.  So just trying to cherish every day we still got together! 

Sorry to high jack this thread, but can someone help a computer illiterate brother out? I used to use photobucket to get all my photos on here (very rare I need to share a photo). Photobucket has gone to shit, so I just recently tried using imgur for the first time from the recommendation of another user. I'm on a desktop I should probably mention. Got the link, clicked the "Insert image from URL" button. But whenever I tried to  "insert it into a post" the bar shows as red, implying something is wrong with the link I'm trying to insert. What the heck am I doing wrong?

Edited by kylet

8 hours ago, kylet said:

I'm not even a cat person and I audibly sighed at the winner. I do love me some Halloween. Glad you won. 

Hang in there buddy! Loosing a pet is never easy! My pup is almost 11. Her senior blood work  just came back a little wonky. She's starting to slow down.  So just trying to cherish every day we still got together! 

Sorry to high jack this thread, but can someone help a computer illiterate brother out? I used to use photobucket to get all my photos on here (very rare I need to share a photo). Photobucket has gone to shit, so I just recently tried using imgur for the first time from the recommendation of another user. I'm on a desktop I should probably mention. Got the link, clicked the "Insert image from URL" button. But whenever I tried to  "insert it into a post" the bar shows as red, implying something is wrong with the link I'm trying to insert. What the heck am I doing wrong?

imgur provides two links--one of them directly links to the imgur page, one of them is the image itself--if it has a "/a" in the url then it's the page link, you want the other one (and add a .jpg to the end of it).

On 9/2/2019 at 12:50 PM, Scruffy...the janitor said:

And the winner is...randomfortunepa. There were a lot of gasps and awws from my wife as she looked through the entries. Her reasoning for the winner was, "I love black cats and I love Halloween." So there's that. Thanks for everyone who joined!

Full disclosure, the shit that went down when I was going to give this 7" away initially was that one of our cats was diagnosed with cancer and was gone within a month. It was one of the hardest things I've had to go through, so sharing all these cat pictures was a great tribute. Hug your babies close!

Can't argue this at all! Every cat was great. I'm uploading this for your wifes enjoyment, my sweet lil angel in her new spooky collar.

gBzqL58.jpg

14 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

imgur provides two links--one of them directly links to the imgur page, one of them is the image itself--if it has a "/a" in the url then it's the page link, you want the other one (and add a .jpg to the end of it).

Thank you for responding to my post! 

I got it! So there's a box that pops up in the upper right corner of the image, and I need to click that to get the proper link. Sorda confusing. The link in the URL box is not the same. 

It changes my .gif to a still image (I think from adding .jpg). Tried adding .gif instead but that didn't work. Oh well, at least I can post the occasional photo now. Thanks!

Edited by kylet

• 1 month later...