PO: Better Oblivion Community Center

nyhi

3 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

When did this even get announced? Must be a limited run. I just need a singular copy. I don't care about how collectible, color, etc.

Same. My Conor collection needs it. Finally got a screen printed when the president talks to god so damn this release better not elude me.

1 minute ago, Oblivions said:

I saw that a second ago but I'm not ordering from POS. Their return/damage terms are dumb and I've heard about the owner/mailorder dude being a jack wagon when people need help with orders. I'll grab this elsewhere someday or settle without it.

Never had a problem with them, myself. Actually, their records are usually packed like tanks, so I'd expect few problems to begin with. I hope this stays readily available. Good chance Dead Oceans or BOCC webstores might have something too. Just not yet. 

I was literally refreshing POS and Zia. 

50 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Never had a problem with them, myself. Actually, their records are usually packed like tanks, so I'd expect few problems to begin with. I hope this stays readily available. Good chance Dead Oceans or BOCC webstores might have something too. Just not yet. 

I was literally refreshing POS and Zia. 

I have too and it was fine and I know not everyone gets the bad experience, even with very bad retailers with much worse reputations. I was just thinking aloud as my time, energy, and purchases are more limited these days and the potential for a bad customer service experience feels more daunting when you're no longer in your prime vinyl buying shape. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping to the UK from the US still seems to vary considerably, according to retailer. Rough Trade US will do it for $17.60 for a 7" which is just about in the park for something you really want.  Newbury for all their faults will do it for $14.99. Last time I ordered from them Fatbeats were reasonable too. Just a case of being patient I think, and hoping it does come up somewhere else.

Up at Redeye records in Aus, approx £15 shipped to the UK. Have not ordered from them before, and they only take debit cards so possibly an extra small bank overseas transaction fee as well. May possibly still make it to some UK retailers however.

https://www.redeye.com.au/answer.asp?reion=USA&atype=both&artist=better+oblivion&code=&search=search

2 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Up at Redeye records in Aus, approx £15 shipped to the UK. Have not ordered from them before, and they only take debit cards so possibly an extra small bank overseas transaction fee as well. May possibly still make it to some UK retailers however.

https://www.redeye.com.au/answer.asp?reion=USA&atype=both&artist=better+oblivion&code=&search=search

The link you posted has a EUR version of the 7" so presumably it'll show up closer to home.

9 hours ago, Roandy55 said:

Yes, it does seem slightly odd that an Aus site would have a Euro version which has sold out, apparently before it has apparently appeared anywhere in Europe, but FOMO, I guess.

If Red Eye has it (and god bless'em, my old stomping ground), it's not going to be hard to find. 

• 5 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking for the clear/orange splatter “Little Trouble” 7” some are available from the Secretly Store, but only as a bundle with the S/T full length. 

https://www.secretlystore.com/better-oblivion-community-center

Not a bad deal at $22.99 if you don’t already own S/T.