PO: American Pleasure Club - fucking bliss

Rip

I love how much Sam Ray does not give a fuck about what anyone thinks...

Releasing a noise album after putting out a pop/emo record people really responded to last year is a pretty ballsy move...

Probably going to buy this at some point...even if I don't listen to it a ton...

• 3 weeks later...

It is so odd how RFC used to be such a good label ( obviously this is just my opinion and tastes ) and there is but maybe 1 release out of their last 15 I could get into . Loved when Man overboard , transit and such type bands were coming out with records on this label. This I couldn't listen to if you paid me to but I can respect someone for making music like this as you couldn't give 2 shits what other people think if you are. 

12 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

It is so odd how RFC used to be such a good label ( obviously this is just my opinion and tastes ) and there is but maybe 1 release out of their last 15 I could get into . Loved when Man overboard , transit and such type bands were coming out with records on this label. This I couldn't listen to if you paid me to but I can respect someone for making music like this as you couldn't give 2 shits what other people think if you are. 

I think it says a lot about RFC to venture out and sign acts of various genres and take chances with their roster vs. signing bands that sound exactly the same or like whatever sound is most likely to move units. 

Also - this new track is great. Ordered. 

12 minutes ago, exileinoblivion said:

Hell yeah bring back cookie cutter bands. I'm so sick of bands not having 98% of their style and output identical to what I already like.

1 minute ago, No Humans said:

I think it says a lot about RFC to venture out and sign acts of various genres and take chances with their roster vs. signing bands that sound exactly the same or like whatever sound is most likely to move units. 

Also - this new track is great. Ordered. 

I just see it as a label with growing tastes like a real person. Who listens to the same relationship problem music they liked when they were 14 when they're 30? It's just weird.

this record is intense and very noisy and exactly the opposite of the last release

as for RFC not being good anymore - I think they've never been better especially since they are branching out from the pop punk emo sound. This record is cool, the Wicca Phase record is dope as hell, and the upcoming Field Medic record is one of the best I've heard in 2019

Was intrigued because of the discussion in here. Trying to ration money but having listened to the two singles and a bit of the album that preceded this upcoming one these guys are now on my radar. This album isn't on the RFC UK site yet but if it drops there I may grab it.

9 hours ago, dantheriver said:

The “what happened to RFC/Topshelf?!?” comments are always pretty hilarious. I hear Pure Noise and No Sleep are still catering to  pop punk “kids” and they’d love your business.

I've only really known about the label for 5 or so years when I got into Pity Sex so I haven't really experienced this shift but a label that supports artists who take chances is good in my book

Well after spending a day listening to all the teen suicide stuff and A Whole Fucking Lifetime Of This using my so called "restraint" I put in an order for a copy of each APC album. 

Might end up going back n picking up the teen suicide bundles they have god knows I'm tempted.

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Well after spending a day listening to all the teen suicide stuff and A Whole Fucking Lifetime Of This using my so called "restraint" I put in an order for a copy of each APC album. 

Might end up going back n picking up the teen suicide bundles they have god knows I'm tempted.

Big Joyous Celebration is a fantastic package if you ever get around to picking it up. I love the shit out of that record.

5 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Big Joyous Celebration is a fantastic package if you ever get around to picking it up. I love the shit out of that record.

There is a nice looking bundle with that plus the 2016 bonus ep for under £30 so its definitely something im considering going back for. Maybe when next months paycheck arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...