Wax Trax! Records- Industrial Accident LP/Box Set (Ministry/KMFDM/Laibach) + All-Encompassing WAX TRAX! Releases & Whatnot

fish

I know there are a few people on here who were into "industrial" music. Wax Trax! Records has been working on a documentary for a few years now and finally announced the preorder for the soundtrack. Options for standard LP, deluxe w/ 7", and a "cash grab" box set. I grabbed the box just because this is the music I grew up on and couldn't pass it up. It comes with a couple 7"s of unreleased tracks. One of them is only available in the box. There will also be a blue RSD version in stores.

http://waxtraxchicago.bigcartel.com/

That cash grab box set is awesome! May go for that. I love some classic Wax Trax music and bands.

I know everyone likes to be more into the Ministry and offshoots and side projects when it comes to WT releases (and I am!), but I was always even more into Sister Machine Gun and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult.

6 minutes ago, jhulud said:

That cash grab box set is awesome! May go for that. I love some classic Wax Trax music and bands.

I know everyone likes to be more into the Ministry and offshoots and side projects when it comes to WT releases (and I am!), but I was always even more into Sister Machine Gun and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult.

Hell Yeah! Thrill Kill Kult are always amazing!

5 minutes ago, apirk said:

Looking forward to the doc

but

does Dave Grohl have to be in every fucking music doc

Ya know. That same thought crossed my mind. Why all of a sudden is he an expert witness on everything music?!?!  In this case, what ties does he have to Chicago and Wax Trax and industrial music? 

“Oh! Ministry were on Lollapalooza. Nirvana were offered to be on Lollapalooza at one time. I ran into Al Jourgensen once and we talked.” 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

In this case, what ties does he have to Chicago and Wax Trax and industrial music? 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/foo-fighters-rock-chicago-in-sonic-highways-premiere-236999/

Like Sonic Highways, Grohl’s own musical journey begins in Chicago: While on a family vacation to visit cousins in his early-teens, Grohl was taken to Wrigleyville’s the Cubby Bear – a Cubs bar by day, a punk venue by night – to see his first punk rock show: Chicago’s Naked Raygun. “It just turned my world upside,” Grohl says of the experience. “That night changed everything I knew about music.”

His early teens would have been around the same time as Wax Trax, so I think it's feasible he would have been well aware of them also.

I realize this is a stretch... but maybe at least explains the connection.

Edited by mikeytags

• 2 months later...

Got my shipping conf too. I really really hope that the response to Ministry playing this "vintage" set at these gigs will get him to start playing that stuff again at his regular concerts. Al is one of those guys who truly believes the current thing he's recording is the best thing he's ever done. But I've been complaining that he doesn't play enough pre Psalm 69 shit in his sets since that album came out. I'm bummed that I can't try and go to the Chicago gig. It will be crazy.

3 hours ago, jeromium said:

I still have the original metal box Black Box, so I really don't need this soundtrack. 

I was working at Blockbuster Music (yeah...I’m that old) when this came out. We received one set at my store and one of the managers beat me to snagging it. I was pissed. She wasn’t even working that day but had called dibs on it when she saw it listed in the incoming inventory. 

Thankfully, we received one of the the regular plain box set, so I snagged it. With one helluva employee discount. Still have it to this day. 

• jhulud changed the title to Wax Trax! Records- Industrial Accident LP/Box Set (Ministry/KMFDM/Laibach) + All-Encompassing WAX TRAX! Releases & Whatnot